026

(a/n: the amount of people asking me for a happy ending😭 y'all)
_______________________

jungwon's p.o.v

There's not a single moment when my heart didn't race whenever I thought of what happened between us. My heart was still pounding.

Did I have feelings for Eunji?

I didn't know.
I've never liked anyone before, I didn't know how it felt like to like somebody.

I was the one who went for it after all.
It was wrong, but in that moment I didn't care.

I frowned, the grip around my pencil tightened.
I shouldn't have done that.
It was not my place to like anyone.

I didn't have the right to like her.

But I still pulled her closer to me. I was the one who had these wrong thoughts, I was the one who imagined how it would feel like to kis-

That's when Eunji turned around to me, suddenly smiling. It caught me off guard, but I tried to catch myself.

"Is something wrong?" I mouthed to her, trying to not get caught by our teacher who was walking around, giving back our exams.

"Nothing." She mouthed back, still smiling.

Now that I thought about, things haven't been the same between us.

Yes, we did decide to act like nothing happened and I was glad that we did.
And Eunji was doing a good job keeping things as they were before.

But I couldn't. I couldn't forget and pretend as if nothing had happened, no matter what.

Every time our hands would accidentally touch, every time she put her arm around me or when she smiled at me without any reason, my mind would race and I'd immediately back away.

Was Eunji used to that kind of stuff?
Why was she so unbothered?

That's when it struck me.

Of course! I just wasn't used to physical affection and having someone by my side in general.

That's why I was reacting to those things as extremely as I did.

A content smile tucked on the corners of my lips.
I knew that there had to be a logical explanation for it.

Turning around to look to Eunji again, a thought crossed my mind.

Would we be better off if we distanced ourselves from each other for a little?

In that moment, her head turned towards me.
It was like she was reading my mind.

"Stop staring at my side profile, jackass." She mouthed making me look at her in surprise, before I let out a laugh.

How does she do that?
Taking away the weighing on my mind. Just like that.

Just when I thought that there was nothing for me to worry about, my chest tightened intensely the moment I was about to pick up my pencil.

It was as if someone cut off my breath for just a second, but it was enough for me to lose control of every single part of my body.

"What..?" I muttered under my breath, looking down to my hands.

Everything was blurred.

"What's wrong?" Eunji noticed my sudden change of behavior and put her hand on my back with concern written all over her face.

But I shook her off, feeling dizziness take over my head.

3 minutes. 3 minutes till the class was over.
My pupils shook as I shakily reached over to my backpack, forcefully ripping it open.