010

jungwon's p.o.v

I cleared my throat almost too obviously, glancing to the side awkwardly.
I've been following my classmate for almost an eternity now, while sighing to myself every now and then, hoping dearly he would notice me soon.

We probably walked through the whole school already.

That's when he stopped all off a sudden, causing me to stop abruptly as well.

"Oh. It's just you." My classmate, whose name I in fact did not know, spoke with a smile, "Why are you here? Need to go to the toilet too?"

That was the moment I snapped back to my usual self, my eyes widening when I realised where we were.
"Uh. Not really, I-" I stuttered out, cursing to myself for acting rashly again.

What was I doing here in the first place?
Why did I follow him?

Noticing my confused expression, the boy in front of me blinked innocently before introducing himself, "My name's Kyong by the way. We are classmates."

"I know...that."

"Then what's with the frown, Jungwon?" Kyong smiled at me, trying to put on a cute act while tilting his head.

And for some reason I felt like throwing up all of a sudden.

"I was just unsure." I replied nonchalant, looking away as embarrassment started becoming visible on my face, "There's...something I needed to confirm."

There was nothing you needed to confirm, Jungwon you dumb rat. Seriously why in the living world did you follow him?

"Whatever it was, I'm happy that we are talking." The boy nodded rapidly and I was concerned that he would be dizzy soon, "I've always wanted to be your friend!"

"But...it's really hard to approach you, you know." He pouted and this time I couldn't hide the disgust on my face.

I couldn't hold back the scoff escaping my lips, before coldly staring into his smiling eyes, "What were you doing at Eunji's locker? Not long ago. You ran away when you noticed me."

I watched the boy in front of me closely and I could see his innocent, bright eyes turn serious and dark all of a sudden.

Only at the mere mention of Eunji's name.

"Ah, you saw me? Well, I closed it for her, because she forget to." Kyong laughed, which would turn into giggles soon, "Eunji's so clumsy...always needing someone to protect her..."

"What?" The frown on my face deepened, "But I saw you take something out of-"

"Hey."
My eyes widened, when I felt his hand grab my shoulder tightly. He wasn't standing in front of me anymore, but next to me. Way closer than I anticipated.
My body tensed.

"Jungwon...?" Kyong's voice sounded hurt, but serious at the same time. It was a lot lower than the bright voice he usually had, "You should stick to being the quiet kid you are. Stop being in other peoples' businesses. I would never hurt Eunji in any way. Never."

There it was. His true self.
Again, I scoffed, trying my hardest not to totally lose it.

There's no way I would be involved in a school fight.