008

Days went by and life has never been more peaceful for Eunji.

At least that's what she's been trying to tell herself.

Yes, things were still as awkward between her and Jungwon as before, but at least it wasn't affecting her anymore and on top of that her grades were slowly starting to improve.

My efforts are finally paying off! Eunji squealed internally, staring at her exam with the widest grin ever.
Her sleepless nights were finally rewarded.

"Woah, Eunji...How does it feel to not be in the class' last 10 for once?" Youngmin teased, smiling at the girl next to her. She was proud, knowing how much Eunji improved in just a few weeks.

"Great. It feels great." Eunji was too immersed in her happiness to attack her friend for the playful remark, that she continued to stare at the piece of paper in her hands.

"Don't act weird. Jungwon is here." Youngmin suddenly whispered and stood up, making Eunji sit up straight almost immediately.
Eunji glared at her friend and shook her head, before turning away nervously.

Glancing to the side, her gaze suddenly met his.
The girl's eyes widened.

There was this weird expression on his face. The one she couldn't read and didn't understand.
Not that she could read him in the first place, it's just that Jungwon never had that kind of expression before.
And as someone who liked to watch him from time to time, this was rare.

The boy seemed conflicted, almost distressed.

Was something going on? Eunji frowned, turning away again. She didn't realise that she had been staring at him for a little while now.

When Youngmin went back to her seat, Eunji decided to shake her head, shaking away the weird feeling that's been starting to lay out.

Things were going so well for her, there's no need to worry about something as trivial as such.

"Eunji." The teacher's stern voice suddenly called for her, making her turn to the front, "The principal's asking for you. Please go to him instantly."

Eunji blinked in surprise, but nodded hesitantly.

She could feel her classmates' gazes pierce holes through her back, as she made her way through the classroom.
Did she forget about one of her duties again?
Eunji shrugged, not thinking much of it.

eunji's p.o.v

"You may enter."
The principal's croaky voice made me cringe, as I opened the door.

"You called for me?" I tried to put on my polite-adult voice, but failed miserably due to my voice cracking.
What a great start.

"Mind to explain to me why you've been stealing the janitor's keys?"

My eyes widened, as my heart stopped beating for a second. Was I hearing things right?

"You've been visiting the rooftop. Even though it's strictly prohibited to do so." The adult continued, making me gulp, "You should know that, right Eunji? As the class representative."

I was fucking busted.
"I'm so sorry, I-"

"Two weeks. You will be suspended for two weeks."