035

(a/n: bingo 🤝 miscommunication/misunderstanding trope because i love the drama and the suffering all characters have to endure because i'm also suffering)
______________________

"Walk, Walk, Just keep on walking, Eunji." The girl closed her eyes shut, breathing in deeply to not burst out into tears immediately.
She wanted to at least reach the big tree in front of her without crying, but she knew herself she would fail.

And the next moment her vision was too blurry for her to even see the trees in front of her.

She didn't even bother to run, knowing that no matter how fast she ran Jungwon would be able to catch up with her with ease anyway.

If he were to follow her.

All she could do was prepare herself to confront him and listen to what he had to say to her.

"Eunji!"

There was it. The girl could hear him calling out for her from behind as she felt her heart break a little further.

"Eunji, Please!"

Another crack.

That was it. She stopped in her tracks, her gaze directed to the ground stubbornly. Her hands were clenched. She was willing to listen to him nonetheless.

"Eunji." The boy stood in front of her, taking her hand in his, "Listen, okay? Listen to me before you leave."

Her eyes widened slightly.
Aren't you here to stop me? Eunji thought bitterly and didn't answer to him.

"What you heard back there...about-"

"About you approaching me because your dad told you to..?" Her voice was quiet, but she couldn't hold back the scoff escaping her lips.

"You-"

"Is it true?" The girl looked up, her teary eyes meeting his. They would widen.

"It's...a long story." He looked away.

"Is it true?" She repeated.

"Yes." Jungwon nodded, tightening his grip around her hand as if he knew she would attempt to leave him again.

Eunji didn't answer again, wiping her tears with her sleeve, "You...had to force yourself to hang out with me?" Her voice was small.
Was this how unlikable she was?
To the point where people needed to be asked to be her friend?

She couldn't believe it. The whole time she thought the feeling of happiness she felt was mutual.

"No, that's not it-" He vigorously shook his head, denying it, "I never had to force myself. Yes, I agreed to be your friend because of my father, but I never regretted-"

"If he didn't ask you, you would have just rejected my offer." Eunji concluded as she felt more tears flowing down her reddened face, "We would have never been friends. You and me."

"Yes." Jungwon couldn't help but agree with everything she was saying, feeling his heart sink, "But Eunji. Every second I spent with you was-"

"Damn."

He stopped, looking into her eyes. The boy could feel her hand trembling in his and for a moment he thought about pulling her into his arms.