Chapter 17

RAFAEL'S POV

The news of the  marriage just froze me on my spot. She came here for business then all of a sudden from where this marriage came from .There is something more behind this .

“Jason you need to find the full detail about this marriage,everything, every single things .”

“Why is she getting married ?”

“To whom And when ? Is she happy with this marriage thing ? I need the details in 30 mins” .
I said

“BRO wait, why are you soo worked up, soo much information atleast  give me 2 hours.”

He said

“But I don’t have time what if she gets married tomorrow .Nooo ,she didn’t look good today there is difinitely something wrong.”

“Noo Jason, I don’t have the fucking time to waste find out as soon as you can .I'll pay you double but I need this,this is very important .Please understand”

He said desperately

“She must be really special isn't she ?” He asked

“Yes she is . Now make it fast I don’t have time.”

I said with this I disconnect the call .
I had continuous meeting that day I tried keeping myself busy through work but none worked, all the time  my mind was on Annie .
By the look her  face today I was sure she was not in this marriage thing for sure .Did that jerk of her boyfriend hurt her ……..ugh!!!!
Annie why can't you just be.

I was waiting for Jason's' call its been 2 hours still no call from his side with every passing minute I was getting more furious .Then I got message from Jason .

Jason :

Adam smith the heir of the smith enterprises .The only son of Andrew smith. Age 27 smart intelligent studied in America and took over his father's company only concentrated on his was because he had to proof his dad his worth and take over his company ……………….

Reading his message I just wanted to punch him soo bad what does he think .am I going to marry this men why is he praising him as a mother of a girls daughter praising her front of her in laws .I was soo irritated I didn't want to read any more. But may be there must be something important .

  His father was searching for a perfect bride when he got to know about the Winston's having a daughter and being the only daughter Smith thought if he married his son to her they would have control over full business and would expand their business ,but then they got to know that the Winston are facing a lot in their business they are on a path of being bankrupt and the Smith's played their card of sending their son's marriage proposal and by saying if they would take over  their company and 30% profit will belong to them and the company will be as their daughter is gonna be their daughter-in-law .So the Winston agreed with the condition and asked their daughter to come but she refused due to work but then they didn’t have any choice but lied to her by saying that her Dad has only 2 months left and he want to see her get married before he dies ,but she was unknown to the reason and she came to NewYork for some project but got shocked by her dad's health .She didn’t got any other option but to agree on this condition .She still doesn’t know about the Smiths she's not interested in this wedding but she has to do it for her dad .The Smiths are going  to come and meet her and her family for the wedding date on Thursday that is 3 days later ……."

After reading I was just blank I couldn't think about anyone but her dad how can he do that with his own only daughter he used to treat her like a princess then what changed .Does he know about what she did in the past is that the reason he hates her but he's her father for God's sake .I just headed towards my car and made my way to the Winston's house .

As I was driving I don’t know what will I do I was just furious.I wanted to just punch her dad to death how will she react if she knows about the lie her dad is saying ….

I reached her house and just as I was about the ring the bell the door opened and a beautiful lady was standing .

“Hello ma'am I am here to meet MR Winston .”

“Hello but who may I say has come to meet him ?” She asked confused .

I am Rafeal uh……Rafeal Knights .I said

“Ohh Rafeal Knights as in ‘THE RAFAEL KNIGHTS ‘ the CEO of the Knights Industries.”she asked

“Yes ma'am and  you are??”

“I am Daisy Winston .please come in ……..”she said ,I smiled and nodded .
As we made our way to the drawing room there a man in his 50's was sitting on the chair reading something when his wife called him.

“Honey Mr knight is here to meet you .”she said

He moved his eyes from the papers and he stood with a happy face and walked to me .I was too angry and had to control myself to punch him on his face ,I clenched my fist to avoid any mistake .

“Mr knight please come have a seat”
he said I moved forward and sat on the comfortable sofa .

“What would you like to have MR KNIGHT it’s a pleasure to meet you.”he said

“I wish I could say the same the same Mr Winston .”he gave me a confused look I took it as a sign and continued .

“I won't beat around the bush Mr Winston as you know I am a very busy person .So here I am giving you a perfect proposal as I know you are marring your daughter to Smiths in return of 30 % profit and the company will be in your daughter name .so here I am offering you the whole profit with the company on your daughter names and you will also have full access over the company you can still look into your company as you .In return I want your daughter”.I said and moved back to see his reaction .

“Mr Knight why do you want to marry my daughter.” He asked unable to say anything else .

“Don’t  show as if you care .I know you lied to her about your health and you are not in a position to question me,are you ? MR Winston.”he looked taken aback and  paled after I finished .

“Look Mr Knight you don’t need to get involve in this .We know our  daughter will be happy with Adam” .He said and my blood boiled and I clenched my jaw he sensed my angry and continued .

“Mr Knight your offer is good and you yourself is a very good well settled  businessman but what gives me the conformation about you keeping my daughter safe and won't take advantage of her” .

I smirked ……..”Mr Winston I aasure you of your daughter safety and won't let her know about your deeds which would hurt her .”

He looked into my eyes and searching for any doubt but found none then he said something which I couldn’t take anymore .

“Mr Knight about the deal when will we sign it can we do it before wedding you know for conformation”. He said ,
Is this man for real how can he still think about the deal above his daughter .This man is getting on my nerves .I just stood and did the button of my coat and said

“The wedding will be in a week my grandparents would be coming  tomorrow to meet ANNIE  and will doo the engagement .The contract will be ready by the wedding it will be signed with the wedding registration papers .Is it fine Mr Winston? .”

“Noo, that would be fine” he said and looked something behind me .Then he said something I didn’t want atleast for now.

“Oh princess come meet your soon to be husband RAFAEL KNIGHTS”.I turned and as I looked into her eyes she was frozen it looked like she was about to faint
_____________________
💖❤️💖❤️