Chapter Seven: Simon

*Six Years Ago*

*Six Years Ago*

The restaurant was currently dead, it was night time and only a couple was left in a booth, finishing their drinks. Gwen took their finish glasses that were left on the table away, with a sweet smile. She waltz away from the table, as the glasses clatter together slightly but she reaches the kitchen in no time and places them on the counter, as the kitchen staff had all gone home and she was on the night shift and locked up.

Gwen has been working in the restaurant for over two years now, strangely enough she enjoyed it, she enjoyed the families that come, the people she works with, though it wasn't her dream job, it got her by. She even was trusted enough by the manager to close up the restaurant and take on more responsibility.

"Gwen," a deep husky voice pierced her eyes, making her swiftly turn on the stop to be faced with a handsome young waiter - who started working three months ago. They got along quite well and soon became friends.

"What do you need, Simon?" She asks with a smile on her face, as he was still new to the waiter side of things. Simon was very handsome, he had a stubble beard which suited him well, his hair was slick back, but in the light he was blonde but the roots were black. His facial features were sculptured to the Gods.

"They left, so we can close up," he announced, making Gwen smile softly, as she was pleased as they could go home a bit earlier than expected. She left the kitchen and headed across the marble flooring of the restaurant and to the front door, turning the sign over to close and getting the keys from her apron. With a jiggle from the multiple keys she had, the door was locked and they could begin to clean up. Simon had already got the mop and bucket out, and started on cleaning the floor as they only had to do the restaurant floor.  

"Literally a star employee," Gwen states as a smile crept on her face. She began to go around the restaurant and push under the chairs of the tables, and began wiping them down.

"Had a best teacher," he replies with a boyish grin, making Gwen laugh a little too loud for her own good. "No, I mean it. You've really helped me and I appreciate it," Simon stopped what he was doing and looked up to her, as Gwen wondered back to him as she was blushing.