Survival 19 | Energy Guns

Start from the beginning

Not because Zeon knows one of these men doesn't mean you must trust them too.

Remember, the last time you trust people, you ended up suffering the aftermath of that psychological emotion.

Inangat ko ang aking mukha at inilibot ang paningin, habang sumusunod kay Dreyard, at hindi ko mapigilang mamangha nang mapansing malawak ang lugar. Gumawi si Dreyard pa-kanan na aming sinundan, at hindi ko mapigilang mag-angat ng kilay nang makitanh may hagdan pababa na  magdadala sa amin sa pinakailalim nitong lugar.

We carefully walked below the stairs going to the depth of this place slowly, until the kinds of weapons being held by metals welcomed my eyes.

Whenever my eyes stop by, all I could see are different kinds of weapons, from distinct sizes of which from the smallest of pistols with flashlight already connected to its body, I think. And for sure, these are new kinds that people in the military are oblivious about.

They looked so advanced and fantastic as if those weapons are being charged without a wire connected to their body for they are emitting deep blue colors that are lightening up the whole basement. Guns made from silver and are shining through this dull, all-white basement for their lights are giving life to this place.

They are being caged by some transparent walls which I don't know if it's a prototype or a simple glass wall only. Nevertheless, I couldn't believe that I'm gazing at such advanced guns, for I am such a technology freak and these guns seemed to be much powerful than normal ones.

These guns are majestically made to be beautiful that I felt like I'm in love.

“Throw your weapons, since you don't need them anymore. Because with these guns, all you need to do is to charge it through the solar panels placed to suck energies from the sun.”

I turned to face Dreyard, and couldn't help but be shocked when he placed his hand on the glass wall and suddenly, the wall glowed in light blue that reminds me of microchip codes through its glass, and slowly, those codes merged in the middle before a line was created. That's when the glass wall opened, emitting some smokes from inside that when it touches our body, was cold and comforting.

Dreyard entered as he reached for a gun— which the light connected from it suddenly disappeared as if a robot losing its charge before he pointed at the top part of which there's a small dark-colored square that seemed to be connected to the gun itself!

“These are the solar panels—” He wasn't even finished speaking when Faye suddenly butt in.

“That small? Then, the charging—” Dreyard quickly cut her words.

“A single solar panel in this gun contains 50 Watts enough for your weapons to be charged through the whole daytime even when you're using it,” Dreyard explained and smiled at her, which at my peripheral vision, Faye pouted her lips in embarrassment.

I chuckled at her and slowly nudged her, for which she looks at me and glared as if I'm teasing her. When I am? Hehe.

“Each weapon contains 20,000 mAh battery life, thus, enough for you to use it continuously for three days. Well, it all depends on the gun you're about to carry. The bigger the gun, the fastest it will consume the battery, and of course, the longer you need to charge it.”

I tilted my head for the answer that's running on my head. “Can you explain why? Like how do they fire? Like a normal gun or what?” What I asked made them look at me.

Don't get me wrong. These guns look so advanced, although we don't know how they're functioning. It's always better to ask what you're oblivious about than to get with the flow and suffer afterward.