25. Mistakes Of The Present...

Start from the beginning

"I was very astounded but at the same time, I was aware of the fact that my daughter had undertaken many perilous tasks and assignments before. She then asked for my daughter's belongings, especially anything where Keerthana used to keep important data and details. I didn't want to believe a stranger but if her words were even one percent true, then it was my sole responsibility to help her punish the person who stabbed my daughter four times brutally and then dumped her body in that garbage collecting area"

She turned her eyes towards Shreekant, "Your wife and I searched everything that was in my daughter's room. But the problem was, the laptop, camera, watch and phone she used was missing. The police didn't find anything along with her body except her purse with few ID cards that helped them to identify her. Finally, after searching for hours, I found a weird file that was carefully stacked under her mattress"

"Weird? What was so weird about it?", Amna uttered inquisitively

"The language used in the file was some foreign language and Keerthana didn't know any other language except English, Hindi, and Kannada. Many of the lines in that file were marked with a highlighter as if she had read it thoroughly. Anna clicked the photos of each page of the file and immediately transferred those photos into a pen drive, she was having. After doing that, she deleted everything from her phone's memory"

"She made me promise that I should never say anything about her or the file unless she reaches the end of the truth, but when she didn't contact me for a very long time, I was concerned and anxious, how is she now? And where is she?"

With a low-pitched voice, Shreekant murmured, "Ma'am she is no more. As per the police, she committed suicide"

"Suicide? I don't believe it... Your wife was the person, who motivated me to live, and not to lose hope at any cost, and she herself... There is something more to this. The police couldn't find my daughter's killer even after almost a month, all they say was that it could have been a robbery case, but why would a robber stab someone four times, as if that person wanted my daughter to not survive at any cost... 

She had begun crying heavily by now. Moments later she wiped her tears away with her saree and continued again, "That person had even assaulted and beaten her badly before killing her as if there was some kind of grudge. I still believe the killer is out in the open and I can't do anything about it" 

"Ma'am can you please show us the file you were talking about?", Amna asked as she comforted her by squeezing her arm lightly.

She nodded and went into one of the rooms to bring the file. Minutes later she handed over the file to them and both of them started rummaging through the pages, "Shreekant, I can't understand the language but it looks like something related to chemistry or chemical compound, and which language is this?"

He quickly started taking pics of the thirty paged document on his phone simultaneously said, "Ma'am we are also taking only the pictures, make sure that you keep this document safely, we might need it in the future, was there anything else Anna asked you?"

She thought for a while and then spoke again, "She asked me about any person to whom Keerthana was really close. I replied that apart from her family, she was very close to Kavya... I told you both earlier about her. I gave her the contact details of Kavya including her Bangalore address, but..."

Her voice trailed off for a moment, "The thing is around last month... The first week of March, Kavya resigned from her job in TV78 and shifted permanently somewhere in Mumbai. She came to meet me the day before she was going. The old address will be of no use to you people, but fortunately, I have her new address in Mumbai"

While Shreekant was still busy clicking the photos, Amna quickly jotted Kavya's address on her phone. After completing the work both of them politely took a leave from the place.