CHAPTER THREE

Kayla P.O.V

At EXACTLY 6:15 A.M, I'm leaving the club after a busy and long night of work. I couldn't get Gideon out of my head but most importantly I couldn't get the weird thought of why he would called me to his office to just ask one question.

Who does that? I thought to myself as I exit the club allowing the chill morning air to rush upon my slightly damp skin.

Hitching my bag onto my shoulder I glance up into sky to see that it was perfect for me to walk home. It was a perfect exercise and give me time to think about Gideon and my sister.

I can't wait to see my baby sister, get a long warm bath and forget about last night. Before reaching my apartment, I stopped and knocked on Miss Gloria's door to collect Ree and told her thanks.

I went up to my apartment, open the door and took Ree to her room and lay her down in her small bed. She was still sleepy and had roughly an hour left where she could take a nap. I used this time to grab a shower and get change into something comfortable then went and prepare breakfast. Now the plan for today is to spend some quality time with Ree and then do my budget and plan ahead for her school stuff to be taken care of because I have work all night again and I am only off on Sundays.

This is just my normal routine.

On Sunday Miss Gloria would take Ree to church and I would use that time to get some sleep. Miss Gloria is the only person close to family my sister and I have. I have known her since our parents had passed away. I also have my best friend, Sherina, that usually comes over on my day offs and check up on me and my little sister. Breakfast was ready and Ree was still sleeping so I thought I should take the opportunity to sit and do the budget. I got a hot cup of chocolate and my calculator then start the checking. A few minutes after my phone rang. It was Sherina calling. I had an idea why she was calling. She loves the drama and love to gossip so she would want to know what my encounter was like with our CEO. I took a deep breath then answered the call.

"Hey girl! What's up?" she greeted me on the phone.

"Nothing much. Just here doing my budget as usual. Trying to make a list of Ree's school items that she needs," I replied.

"That's great Hun. I hope your baby Ree is ok as well. Now skip the chit chat. You know why I am calling. What happen last night?" Sherina stated the obvious. I assume she was shaking her head amused and using her shoulder to hold her phone to her ears. That is typically her.

"Nothing unusual. I just danced and collect my tips. That's it." I grin mischievously dreading the conversation out.

I could hear the irritation in her voice surfacing. I knew what she was calling about but I thought it would be fun to play dumb to her questions. I laughed to myself. This girl can't go a day without gossiping. I sometimes wonder how we are so close because I am actually the opposite. I rather to observe and take in my surroundings.

"Girl don't get smart with me!!! I am talking about you getting call to our CEO's office. I have been employed there longer than you and I can't recall any of the other girls or myself to be lucky enough to see his office. Did you went down on your knees and give him a blow job or what???" Sherina asked. My eyes widened and my mouth open with shock.

"What!!??" I said while giggling a bit.

"You know I'm not for that. He just asked me one question, demand me to be honest with my answer then send me on my way. That's it." I told her honestly.

"Really? You expect me to believe that he took you to his office to ask you one question???