Chapter Nineteen.

Start from the beginning

"Oh shoot! I gotta go! I told Keiji that I'd meet up with him!"

"Aha alright. Hey, I mean it too. I am happy for you. Seeing him making you smile like this is nice. It's been awhile since I've seen you this happy."

"Guess I made the right choice saying yes to be their manager huh?"

"I told you it'd pay off." He winked.
"Now get going!"

"Oh right!!!" You said as you stepped out the door and made your way to the cafeteria.

A smile came across your face knowing that Kuroo approved.

You arrived to the cafeteria to see Akaashi already there waiting for you outside.

"Hey! I'm uh.. Sorry I'm late.. Kuroo came and talked to me..."

"Did you tell him?"

You shook your head yes and he smiled.

"Good.. Now it's official." He reached over to grab your hand.
Your fingers intertwined with another and it felt nice.

"I do have to warn you though.. He does want to talk to you.."

"I'll talk to him tomorrow." He smiled.
"Should I be worried?"

"Yes.."

He raised an eyebrow.

"I'm kidding, he was quite happy when I told him about us."

"That's good, I'm glad he approves." He smiled again.

"Me too."

"So where do you want to go?" He asked you as you started walking down the halls.

"Maybe outside? It's a bit cooler out there than in here."

"Sounds good."

You both walked outside and found a bench to sit on. Fingers still intertwined you both watched the stars.

"So.. Is it true that you've liked me since the start of highschool?" He asked you.

Your cheeks flared. "Um.. Well.. Yeah.."

"But you didn't even know me?" He joked.

"Well..we had first period together and well... As cliche as it sounds, I thought you were really cute.."

"You did huh?" He smirked.

"Well I thought you were cute too."

You looked at him confused.

"I noticed who you were, I remember every class we had together. You were the shy kid..." He nudged your side playfully.

"I still kinda am..." You blushed, you could feel your hand getting hot, so you pulled away from Akaashi's hand.

"I beg to differ. The old you back then would of never of joined the boys volleyball team as a manager."

"I guess you're right.." You fiddled with your fingers again.

"Nervous?"

"N-N--"

"You're playing with your fingers again." He teased, grabbing a hand and he held it up to his lips, placing a soft kiss on it.

Your cheeks flushed at his actions.

"You're cute when you're flustered." He said, intertwining his finger with yours again, his thumb rubbed the inside of your hand.

"Yeah....you've told me..." You rolled you eyes with a playful smile.

"When we get home, may I take you out for a real date?"

"Of course Keiji, I look forward to it." You smiled, moving in closer to him, your head now resting on his shoulder.

"Hey Keiji?"

"Yeah?"

"How long have you liked me? Like honestly?"

He took a deep breath in. "Well..I didn't actually realize what I was feeling till Sara had told me about your feelings. It kinda made me think...I knew I wanted you in my life but I wasn't sure how I felt about that...I knew I felt something for you before that, like when you told me about Sara at lunch that one day...I enjoyed being around you.. Even though that wasn't the best scenario.. "

"I know what you meant.."

"Well..To answer your question, I guess I've liked you for a little while now..I just felt confused at the time. But I know for sure now."

You looked up to him and smiled as both your eyes met.

You leaned into him.

Sealing the night with a kiss.