XXVIII

Part 28: Have faith in me.

_______

November  18, 2020

It's been a week since the incident and Sunghoon was slowly coming back to normal. Probably sooner or later, He'll go back to working on the office once again. yena was always with him, Taking care of him 24/7.

Jiyoung visited rarely. She only came to the hospital whenever there's an important report she needs to deliver to Sunghoon.

Sunghoon was annoyed with how she's acting. He kept asking her what's wrong.

and her answer?

"nothing chairman. Please rest first."
She said with a smile and turned her back.

Sunghoon held the hem of her cardigan, trying to stop her from leaving. It's already 7:21 in the evening and Yena was out. They are the only one inside the room.

"Stay here for awhile."
She didn't even bother to look at him, gently taking his hands off from her cardigan and walking to the door.

before she can even leave, Sunghoon stood up from his bed and walked towards the exit, locking it and embracing her from the back.

"I said stay here for a while Ms. Shin. That's a command from your boss."
He said with a smile and embraced her tighter.

"What's wrong?"
he whispered on her ears. she took a deep breath and took his arms away from her waste.

"I still have so many things to do on the office, Mr. Chairman. I need to leave now."

"hmmm... they can wait."
He embraced her again. But this time, much more tighter.

"You're so cold lately, what's wrong..."

He turned her around to make her face him. She just looked down.

"jagiya..?"
he held her chin and raised it slightly. A smiling Sunghoon greeted her warmly, 

(tl: jagiya means sweetheart in hangul)

"jagiya?"
She looked at him, slightly flustered with what he just called her.

Sunghoon's eyes went wide and he blushed

"U-Uhmm.... yeah...?"
he looked away, embarrassed and anxious. he scratched the back of his head

It just made her guilty even more.

A tear escaped on her eyes without her even knowing. Sunghoon can't see it so she didn't wipe it and played casually.

'this is wrong now.....'

"chairman...."
Sunghoon looked at her, Slightly smiling. 

His smile slowly faded seeing the emotion on her eyes.

"jagiya-"

"Let's end this play date. I can't do this anymore."
She said, opening the door and walking away from his room without even explaining anything.

'It's obvious.... isn't it?'

"Oh? Assistant Shin? Are you crying?"
yena bumped on her while she's on the way to the elevator.

Jiyoung looked at her and smiled fakely.

"No worries, Ms. Yena. I'm okay."

'I'm not.'