XXXIX

Part 39: True Feelings

_________________

December 01, 2020

10:47 pm

"Where is he?"

The smell of cigarettes and cheap perfume were all around the corner. Jake crunched his nose with the stink as he walked inside the club.

Jake followed Secretary Yoon's trails, walking towards the stairs where the VIP lounge is located.

"You can't enter without identification card."
A bouncer blocked their way. Jake hissed and rolled his eyes. 

"You probably know me already."
Jake murmured. The bouncer took another glance to Jake, His eyes slowly widening because of realization.

"Mr. Shim?"
He nodded his head softly. The guard gave way for the two and they walked towards the VIP lounge.

"You sure are popular here, Mr. Shim."
Secretary Yoon commented. Jake let out a small laugh. 

"I'm a regular here, That's why."
He just simply said, finally seeing a fine figure of a young man on the bar counter. His head was on the table and is probably already drunk.

You can feel his cold aura from afar. Maybe that's why no one is trying to approach him.

"Yah Park Sunghoon."
He called his name. Sunghoon didn't moved. Jake decided to walk towards his direction.

He instantly saw the green liquor on the glass that he was holding. He rushed towards his direction and took the glass away from him.

"What the actual fvck? Are you trying to kill yourself?"
It was absinthe. The alcohol he was drinking was absinthe and it's alcohol content is surprisingly high.

Jake looked at the bartender who was apologetically looking at him.

"Why did you gave him absinthe?!?"
He yelled the bartender looked at Sunghoon who was just sleeping on the counter.

"He said he want the strongest liquor on the store, No one can stop him so we gave him absinthe."
The bartender looked down

"Are you fvcking serious? That can potentially kill him!!!"
He cussed. Secretary Yoon patted his shoulder to calm him down. Jake shut his eyes close because of annoyance and took a deep sigh, slowly regaining his composure. He looked at Sunghoon and asked him.

"Yah, You're still awake? "

Sunghoon hummed and raised his head.

"Shin.... Jiyoung....."
He whispered. Jake looked at Secretary Yoon who decided to look away. Jake patted Sunghoon's back.

"Let's drive you home."
He told the latter and took his arm. Unfortunately, Sunghoon pushed him away.

"I don't want to go home."
He said. Jake's forehead ceased.

"But you can't stay-"
Sunghoon looked at his direction, his eyes half opened.

"Jiyoung won't be at home. I need Jiyoung..."
He looked down.

"Apologize..... I need to apologize...."
His voice cracked as tears fell on his eyes. Jake took a deep breath and decided to sit on the stool besides him.

"What happened?"
He asked the latter. Sunghoon snickered.

"I.. did her wrong... I pushed her away."
He started and smiled bitterly. Jake looked at him seeing pure pain on his eyes.

"Why would you do that?"
Jake asked. He laughed.

"I'll just continuously hurt her. My life is too complicated."
He looked at the glass of absinthe that Jake put down on the table.

"I want her to be happy, even if it will take my happiness away, I'll do it for her."

Sincerity. He was drunk, and he became too honest with what he's feeling.

Alcohol can bring out the true self of someone.

"But.... You love her, right?"

Sunghoon looked at Jake.

"I always do, I'll never not love her."

"But you set her free..."

"It's the only thing i can do..."

"Do you think she's happy with your decision?"
Sunghoon looked away. Jake drank the alcohol on his glass, The intense flavor of the liquor grasped on his throat. He coughed out of air.

"She's not happy now, But at least time will heal her."
Sunghoon answered.

"You're a jerk."
Jake had the audacity to insult Sunghoon because of the liquor. Sunghoon looked at him.

"You are selfish. You never thought what she'll feel if you let her go."

"You jumped on your own conclusion. That's so dumb of you... Chairman Park."

"You hurt her. That's the dumbest thing you can do to women."

"They are fragile. She's not like you. If you can handle the pain, What if she can't? You're too naive of what the others will feel because you only cared for yourself."

"But he's too good for me. Besides, He's a Pessimist, Arrogant, the kind of king that rules with tyranny, He's a perfectionist too and he's merciless and cruel, insensitive and inconsiderate. So i don't think i'll end up with him. Not even a chance."

He can still remember that moment when he sulked because of Jiyoung's words. Maybe it was actually true?

Sunghoon smiled bitterly and stared at the void.

"I should apologize..... But i can't."

"I can't even look at her eyes after what i did. The guilt is killing me."

Jake took a deep sigh and looked at him. Sunghoon was too naive, But he can still fix everything.

"Save her. While you still have time."

___________________