Good Kisser

Amber lifted her head up from Brandon's lap when she heard footsteps enter the front room, and saw her mother with her hand on her hip. She just grinned as she looked up at her mother.

Nayeli had loved Samiya the minute Amber brought her home and they were close for it. Whenever Samiya told Amber that she was going to tell her mother, Amber believed her and she just didn't care.

"What has my wife snitched about this time?"

She knew already that Samiya was in that kitchen telling it all on the mountain. She was just curious about which misadventures Nayeli was hearing this time.

"Amber, I am so glad that I am not the woman who married your little crazy ass."

"Just the woman who gave birth to and raised me. Therefore, you are at least partially responsible for this."

"She has a point, Nayeli," Gabriel told her.

Brandon just chuckled. It was plain to see that Amber was the same Amber with everyone. He was sure that her mother was where she got some of that personality. The looks were more from Gabriel, but that personality had Nayeli all over it.

"I take full responsibility. I used to think it was funny when she was a little girl."

"Still get a kick out of it," Samiya told her mother-in-law, shaking her head. "I told your mother about our first date with Brandon and she burst out laughing."

At the mention, Nayeli and Amber started laughing together. Brandon shook his head, and Gabriel looked between the trio, slightly confused.

"Gabriel, your daughter is too much for beginners," Samiya told her father-in-law. "Brandon took us bowling on our first date. With anyone but Amber Santos, that's a good date idea."

Now Gabriel was shaking his head and he patted Brandon's shoulder. "I'm sorry you had to go through that. If you haven't already, a couple more places you shouldn't take Amber include skating rinks and pool halls. My daughter does not know how to act. She never has and at this point, probably never will. She's going to go out just the way she is now."

"And don't you forget it, old man." Amber grinned. "Don't listen to him, Brandon. I love skating."

"No, listen to him, Brandon. Skating rinks are much worse than bowling. If you decide to not take my advice, make sure this is a date that I am not on."

"Baby, we can go skating tonight and let Samiya and Amita watch their Bollywood movies."

"Don't do it," Gabriel warned him.

Nayeli sat down and Samiya took a seat in Brandon's lap. "Brandon, Amber doesn't have it all. Are you a strong skater?"

"I'm alright."

"Then don't do it. Let her go skating with her friends. I know she's fun to look at, but don't you let her talk you into it."

Brandon looked over at Amber, and she hadn't stopped smiling. He believed Samiya and Gabriel. The thing was, he was going to let Amber's pretty ass talk him into a lot of shit as long as she was smiling when she did it. His curiosity got the best of him.

"Yeah, we can go skating tonight, baby," he told Amber.

Samiya face-palmed herself and Gabriel exchanged eyes with Nayeli who shrugged.

"The man is a goner. Just like Samiya. The girl smiles and gets whatever she wants. Y'all gon stop letting this girl get y'all," Gabriel scolded the two lightly.

"I can't help it, señor. When the girls are happy, I'm happy."

"Valuable life skill," Nayeli told him, smiling. "Gabriel didn't learn that until two kids in."