Intimacy

After dinner, Brandon and Amber grabbed his cover and made their way to the sofa to watch TV. "I have Netflix," he told her. "Is there anything you want to watch?"

"I've never seen The Walking Dead and your girlfriend is going to bug the fuck out of me if I don't."

Brandon chuckled and picked up the remote to put on The Walking Dead. "I've never seen it either. We can binge on it together. Your wife already asked me to watch it ten times."

"See?"

When Brandon got the show on, he adjusted the cover and made room for Amber between his legs. She made herself comfortable, leaning into his chest.

He hadn't realized how good Amber's hair smelled until she had her head right under his nose. He couldn't resist it as he stroked her hair, pulling a lock up to smell the coconut and mango.

"Why are you being weird?"

"What do you mean?"

"I can feel you smelling my hair."

"I like your shampoo."

Amber looked up at him and turned back to the TV. "I haven't washed my hair in three weeks. You like my leave-in conditioner."

"Well that, I like it."

The two sat through the whole first season together before Brandon turned on the regular TV to watch an episode of Miami Ink recorded in his DVR.

Amber rolled over so that she and Brandon were chest to chest and she closed her eyes, resting her hand on Brandon's chest, listening to the show as she drifted off, making herself comfortable.  

When the episode went off, Brandon moved the cover, completely expecting his girlfriend to get the message and get up. "Amber?"

When she didn't respond, he shook her a little bit. Realizing that she was asleep, he decided to let her stay that way and the two of them slept on the couch that way.

When Amber woke the next morning, she just lied where she was a moment, staring at the ceiling, resting her hands on Brandon's arms around her before she slid the cover and gently removed herself from Brandon's embrace, slipping the cover back over him and going into the bathroom to clean herself up before she started on breakfast.

When she scrambled her eggs, she went to wake Brandon. "Chulo," she whispered, leaning over him. "Brandon. Wake up."

"What, Amber?"

"Breakfast."

Brandon wiped the sleep from his eyes and looked over at his girlfriend before he closed his eyes again briefly.

When he got up, Amber was satisfied and went to make plates while she heard him in the bathroom.

The two sat at the table together and Brandon reached across the table to take Amber's hands. "What are you doing?"

"You're going to pray over your food, right? We can say grace together."

Without any more words, Amber dipped her head and began to pray over their food. Then the two began to eat in silence for a few minutes. Amber knew Brandon wasn't much for talking when there was food in his face.

"I have to be to work in a couple hours. But if it's okay with you and Samiya, I'd like to come over tonight."

"That's fine, chulo."

"I want to take you to lunch."

"Then we can go to lunch."

"Do you have anywhere in particular that you would like to go?"