Chapter 23

*I almost never do this and I am so so so so so so sorry but wattpad wouldn't let me update. Anyway here you go ~Emma :)

"You have to wake up baby boy." Zayn said softly shaking him. Louis whined grumpily, "N-no." "Louis wake up baby. You have school today!" Zayn exclaimed sitting him up ignoring his protests. Ripping off his shirt he put one on that said 'Vans'. Scooping him up he stood Louis up sliding off his pajama pants putting on skinny blue jeans rolling up the ankle. Sitting Louis back on the bed he got his red vans tying them for him. "Alright baby. Breakfast time. Papa made you pancakes for your first day!" Zayn gushed walking him to the kitchen table. Harry was in his scrubs sipping coffee, watching news. Louis took a bite becoming more awake, noticing that Zayn was in a weird outfit. He had a shiny badge on, and a toy on his belt. "Daddy toy!" Louis pointed to Zayn's gun, "No baby this is not a toy. It's a gun." Louis only shrugged finishing his breakfast. Zayn took his coffee cup kissing Harry bye on the lips, Louis on the forehead, and left. Harry sighed rinsing Louis' plate off in the sink, "Alright baby. let's fix your hair and then we'll go." Harry mumbled getting a brush, then tugging a beanie on. "No papa!" Louis cried, tears pricking his eyes. "No crying baby. You have to wear this to school, then when you get to grandma's you can take it off. I promise." Harry rushed peppering his face with kisses making him giggle. "Otay papa." he mumbled, Harry smiled leading him to the car. Neither one talked until Harry pulled up to the school unbuckling Louis, taking him by hand inside the school. "Okay Louis. This is your big day. I want you on your best behavior. I love you very much." Harry said pulling him into a bone crushing hug. Kyle then walked up interrupting the moment, "Hey uncle Harry!" He called, Harry held his heart, "Hey babe. Oh look at you two! Let me get one picture." he said unlocking his phone snapping a picture, "Oh. The memories." He said tears pricking his own eyes. Kyle rolled his eyes but stayed quiet as Harry stared lovingly at Louis. "Oh they grow up so fast." He mumbled taking Louis' hand again. "Have a good day Kyle. Come on Louis." Harry said wiping a few stray tears, Louis huffed letting himself be dragged down a hallway. The hard floor, high ceiling, and blue lockers looked nothing like Louis pictured. The lad had pictured a big room full of toys. What a let down. "This is your class babe." Harry announced pulling Louis into another hug. "I Love you. Please Louis, pretty please be good." Harry begged, Louis nodded kissing his cheek, "Bye papa." going to sit at a desk, Harry stood there staring at him. Was that all? A stupid "Bye Papa." And one lousy kiss on the cheek? No tears? He deserved tears! "Bye Baby! I won't see you for a while." Harry reminded, Louis waved when a teacher came up and started talking to him. Harry watched a small frown on his face. "He'll start when you're gone. Most of them do." A woman said crossing her arms over her chest. "Mine is that little one. Alex. He didn't even shed a stinking tear until I was already at work." She grumbled, "I-I just feel as if I deserve a tear." Harry muttered, she nodded patting his back, "Us single parents always do." Harry's eyes bulged at her statement, but she left before he could correct her. Giving one last look to Louis he chewed his bottom lip before leaving.

"Alright everyone! We have a new student. His name is Louis. Say hi Louis." The teacher, Mrs.Cox announced waving at the crowd of students. Louis did a weak wave, "Where Papa?" he mumbled looking around. His papa wasn't there. Why not? Did he leave him like Michael did? They left him. Louis felt tears welling in his eyes, "D-daddy?" He whimpered, Mrs.Cox stopped her teaching to tend to Louis, "What's wrong honey?" She asked bending down to his height, "Daddy gone." He sobbed, she frowned, "No baby their at work while you're at school. I promise. They didn't leave you." Louis weakly nodded listening to her teach again. "Alright this word is And. A is a as in Apple. N is n as in Noodle. Then D as in Dog. Alex how about you start us off with out sight word sentence? Show Louis how we do it?" She commanded, Alex trudged up, "A-and, So, But, Why, How. Why d-does the dog a-and cat fight b-but the fish, so-jo, doesn't?" Alex finished. Mrs.Cox smiled at his creativity using the word "so" as a name. "Very good. Louis how about you make one? You can use these words: And, So, No." She smiled pursing her lips, Louis nodded, "P-papa s-said so. A-and that m-means no." He rushed grinning at his sentence. Not only was it creative but true.