Chapter 4

Everything at the Malik house was going great. Louis sat on the living room floor playing with a teddy bear, and trains, when Harry came storming in. Zayn in the recliner noticed he didn’t look happy, “Babe what’s wrong?” Harry paced, “My parents are coming down to visit.” Now Zayn understood. “Babe we can go.” Harry shook his head, “Then they’d know something was up.” Zayn stood up, “What are we gonna do?” Harry sat on the couch, Louis crawled over to him, placing his head on Harry’s knee, “Papa s-sad?” Harry sighed setting Louis on his lap, “No baby. I’m jus confused. I mean we could keep him in beanies and turn everything off. I mean we don’t want him freaking out if the phone rings.” Zayn nodded, “Yea we could do that. But you know you’re mom. She sees him, and freaks out touching him and hugging him, he’ll lose out.” Harry nodded, rubbing Louis’ back, “We’ll just tell her lay off. And try to keep him with one of us.” Louis yawned tucking his head under Harry’s chin, Zayn smiled grabbing his teddy bear, Louis held it close while Harry rocked him to sleep. “It won’t be easy, but I’ll do anything for this little one.” Harry mumbled. 

Zayn tickled a very happy Louis -wearing red skinny jeans rolled up to a bit past his ankles, grey converse, and a grey and white stripped shirt, completed with a grey beanie.- on the living room floor; when the door bell rang, “Don’t cry it’s okay babe.” Zayn tried, when Louis teared up, Zayn sat the boy on his lap rocking him on the floor, Louis held him thumb in his mouth, his teddy bear in his other arm. Harry then walked in with two old people following him, “Oh let me see him!” his mother Anne gushed, Zayn held the boy tighter, “He’s not much of a people person. His previous parents had beat him.” Zayn lied, glancing at Harry. Anna crouched down, pulling Louis’ finger from his mouth, “You’re not a baby! No you’re not a baby. You’re a big boy. And big boys love to see their grandma!” She said in a baby voice, holding her arms out. Louis clutched onto Zayn, tears welling in his big blue eyes, “D-daddy” Zayn stood up, “Like I said. Not a people person. Harry I’m going to put him down for a nap until dinner.” Zayn announced going to their bedroom.

Harry awkwardly swallowed, his mother hugged him, “So how are things?” She asked, he shrugged, “There fine. Great actually. Louis has made both of our lives really happy.” She pursed her lips. “Great. You know Robin has something to tell you.” Robin his father stepped out, “Yes. Harry you know that hybrids are nothing. Animals that can’t control themselves. Should be killed when see unless trained properly. Well I’ve came to ask you to take up the family code. Honor our family. I mean I know you will, but I really wanted to show you some pointers. I actually know someone who has some. I’m sure Zayn being a cop would also support us.” Harry was frozen to the floor. 

Zayn came back, “Hey. Louis is sleeping. Harry?” Harry gave a strained smile, “Thanks. Um, how about dinner? We’ll go out.” Zayn glared, “I just put him down.” “The restaurant is an hour away. He can sleep on the way.” Harry said through gritted teeth. Zayn gave a look but complied. Going upstairs to retrieve his son, this wasn’t going to end well, Zayn thought to himself. Louis loved sleep, being woke up wasn’t a favorite of his.

“Lou baby, wake up, papa is going to take us to a restaurant.” Louis growled quietly, Zayn slapped his backside- not to hard, but not to light either -”You don’t growl at Daddy.” He said sternly, Louis sobbed as Zayn sighed carried him to the car, “What happened?” Harry asked, “I spanked him.” Zayn answered, putting Louis in his car seat, Louis fought at Zayn’s hand, “No! N-no!” he bawled, Zayn finally got him buckled and tightened, putting in a pacifier they bought at the store for things like this. Thankfully they planned ahead. Louis spit it out at first, but Zayn gave a warning look, “Louis Malik you had better stop right now.” Louis fisted his eyes, Zayn put the pacifier back in his mouth, shutting his door. Going to the passengers side he got in, Harry told his parents to follow them.