Chapter 31

*Sense you guys are so nice :)

"Gemma dear can you get me a cup of water?" Anne called from the living room. Gemma replied with a "yea" getting up to retrieve her mothers drink. Anne fanned herself, "My it's warm in here. Louis be a dear and turn on the fan please." Louis did a small nod crawling to the fan switching the knob to the right like his Papa taught him. "Louis no! That could hurt you baby." Gemma warned, her cautious personality seeping through her uptight appearance she tried hiding for the weekend. Louis gave a flat look crawling back to his toys. His aunt didn't let him do anything. He couldn't play ball, it was to rough. Colouring without an adult in the room was out of the question, he could swallow a crayon. Turning on lights was an outrageous idea, why the boy could shock himself. So Gemma had him in the middle of the room, his stuffed animals and trains, cars were too small (easy to swallow), playing by himself.
Gemma let a sigh out handing Anne her drink, "Here mum. Not to cold, but not to hot. Louis are you thirsty?" Louis nodded, "Alright. What do you want to drink?" Gemma asked holding her hand out. That was another thing: Louis couldn't go anywhere in the large house by himself. Way to many "dangerous horrors" in the house, in Gemma's opinion anyway.
Louis took her hand walking with her to the kitchen where Gemma kept him close. The kitchen was a very dangerous place. "Juice." Louis decided going to the fridge, "Louis! No baby. Let me get you some water. Juice is pure sugar-" Gemma started when Anne groaned from the living room, "Give the boy some juice Gemma!" The old hag chastised, Gemma sighed shaking her head, "She doesn't know any better Louis. She's old." Gemma  mumbled, Louis giggled, "I heard that." Anne grumbled only to gave Gemma flash a satisfied smile. Pouring water into a sippy cup, Gemma tightened it turning it upside down, "Have to make sure it won't spill." She explained carrying it back to the living room with Louis dragging behind. "Take a drink then give it back to me, don't want you chocking now." Louis rolled his eyes but took a sip handing it back to Gemma returning to playing.
"Do you think Harry would deliver the baby?" Anne asked flipping through a magazine whilst drinking her water that wasn't to hot nor to cold. "No mum. Harry isn't a OBGYN." Gemma replied with an eye roll Anne really wasn't that bright on some things. "What the hell does that mean?" Anne shot, Gemma gave a glare "Mum watch the language and tone! One Louis could pick that up, and two I read somewhere that the baby can hear when you yell. What if my babies first word is hell?" Gemma added the last part feeling light headed. Her mother for a surrogate wasn't anyone's first choice. "Oh hush. The baby is fine honey. Might be a little tipsy when she comes out but it's like Vegas. What happens in the womb stays in the womb." Anne rambled causing Gemma's jaw to fall to the ground, "Shut your mouth dear flies will nest." Anne ordered, Gemma recovered fixing her shirt and hair, "I'm going to get a breath of fresh air." Anne smirked, "So the air isn't dangerous? That's a first."

"Mr.Styles you'll be returning to prison after the chemo." Bryan reported, "What if I don't take the chemo?" Robin asked clearing his throat, "Then you'll be lucky to get six months." Bryan replied blunt, he always was to cancer patients. They didn't need it sugar coated. Their life was on the line, a "You'll be okay" was nothing more then a useless pitiful joke to them. "And with the chemo?" Robin inquired, Bryan pursed his lips, "Two years at best." Robin sighed, "I want my daughter."
"That's not your choice Mr.Styles."
"Why? I helped make the damn thing."
"Yes. But your also in prison."
"Say I get parole-"
"Highly unlikely." Bryan interrupted, "Hear me out. If I get parole, will I be able to fight for my daughter." Robin questioned, "No."
"Why not?"
"Because Anne is terminating any parental rights. That includes yours."
"To hell it does."
"Robin I am not a lawyer. I am a doctor. We'll start chemo tomorrow." Bryan stated leaving. Robin sighed, he had to get his baby. One more chance to leave his legacy. Robin had to get out of the hospital.

"Come on babe, another day with grandma." Zayn said getting the sleeping Louis from his car seat. "Thank you for watching him again. Harry's real busy at the hospital and I got calls coming in from right and left. Love you bubba." Zayn exclaimed laying Louis in the pack and play, playpen, letting him continue to sleep. Gemma gasped turning the boy on his back. He could smother himself face down on the pillow. Louis cried at the movement sucking harder on his pacifier, "Those are so bad for your teeth babe." Gemma said gently taking Louis' from his mouth, that got him full on crying until Gemma picked him up holding him on her lap. "Go back to sleep baby. Mum are you up?" Gemma called to her mother who waddled in the room holding her stomach, "Gemma keep the noise down please. My head is killing me." Anne pleaded collapsing on the sofa, "Mum careful! Sharp movements can harm the baby!" Gemma chastised. Anne rolled her eyes sighing, "Have you decided on a name?" She asked pursing her thin lips, Gemma did a tiny smile running a hand through Louis' hair, "I was thinking about Emma. How cute it would be, Gemma and Emma. Or maybe Bailey. I really like Bailey." Anne quickly nodded, "Do Bailey dear. You'll get married one day." Gemma drew a scowl but nodded as well. "Bailey Styles." She whispered holding Louis tighter, "What if I'm not a good mother?" Gemma whimpered laying Louis on his back in the pen. "Honey you'll be fine. Way better than I was. Well, a little better anyway." Anne added seeing Gemma fuss about Louis' sleeping positions. Gemma suppressed a chuckle, "Thanks mum." Anne waved her off standing up, "Well I think I'm going to shower. And no I don't need help." Gemma held her hands up in defense, "Alright alright alright, Go take your shower." Anne gave a small smile strolling out.
Gemma glanced down at Louis who was sleeping soundly, he was just so cute. So small and fragile. Gemma loved it. She always was a nurturing figure. "I hope I'm just as good as your Papa and Daddy." She found herself wishing silently. Louis smiled in his sleep making Gemma coo internally.