Chapter 15

Harry adjusted his tie nervous of the events his day held. Today was the first day of Hayden being in court. Then to make matters worse his parents had planned on attending. Zayn came behind him looking in the mirror, "I'm going to wake the beast." He announced walking into their room.

Louis was curled into a ball, only little tuffs of his hair sticking out. Zayn smiled shaking his slightly, "Wake up baby boy." Louis groaned, "No." He complained, Zayn pulled the covers off him carrying him to the bathroom. "papa will give you a bath then we'll get you dressed." He explained Louis sighed letting Harry put him in the bath without any fuss. "Now Louis you have to be quiet in court today. It's not a place to play." Harry said washing Louis's body, Louis shrugged "You still sleepy?" Harry asked ruffling Louis' hair, Louis groaned pushing his hands away, Harry squirted shampoo on his hair scrubbing, Louis huffed, "Papa stop!" He whined moving from his touch, Harry grabbed Louis' chin making him look him in the eye, "Louis Malik this is you're warning. Either you fix it or I will." Louis got out of Harry's grip ignoring him. Harry sighed rinsing his hair, "Papa ears!" Louis reminded, Harry turned off the water standing his ears up, continuing to get the shampoo out of his hair. Finally done Harry carried a pissed off Louis to get dressed.

Zayn got out black jeans, a navy blue shirt, and black toms. "Come on Lou. Lets get you dressed." Louis huffed violently shaking his head, "No!" Harry slapped Louis' uncovered thigh. "Last warning." Harry said sternly, Louis hung his head letting Zayn dress him. "How about some breakfast?" Zayn asked pulling Louis to the hallway where everyone else waited. "So we don't need to rush but something a little quick would be nice." Liam explained. "How about O'Charleys?" Zayn suggested, Harry nodded, "That sounds good." Liam and Niall agreed, "I'll get the car started. It's a little chilly." Liam said Niall following. "Here Louis, put this on babe. And lemme fix you're hat. There we go." Zayn said smiling. Louis only moved from his touch, "no." He fussed, Harry sighed picking him up to whisper in his ear, "Louis Malik I don't know why you're in a bad mood but it is going to end right now. Do you understand me?" Louis whined pushing away from him. "down!" He demanded, Harry only carried him to the car bucking him in.

Louis crossed his arms not talking to anyone in the car, he was pissed at Harry and Zayn wasn't making anything better. Harry pulled into the restaurant when Louis' ears started hurting. Louis tapped Zayn's shoulder pointing to his ears, "hurt." Zayn frowned pulling off his beanie, "Papa will put drops in when we get out." Louis shook his head, "No papa." Zayn sighed,"Louis don't start." Louis huffed blocking him out. Harry put drops in Louis' ears, then put the beanie back on ignoring Louis' protests.

Breakfast was uneventful which put Harry in a happier mood. It wasn't until they got to the courthouse when Louis had a tiny meltdown. Harry carried him in despite his kicks and "no's" sitting on the bench Louis was bawling in his hands, "Hand me his binky." Harry said to Zayn who handed him Louis' pacifier. Harry put it in Louis' mouth hoping that would calm him but Louis spit it out sobbing. Zayn groaned taking him to the bathroom. Louis was fisting his eyes, "No panking! No panking daddy!" Zayn felt his heart break but landed eight swats to his sit spots. Louis made grabby hands at Zayn still sobbing. Zayn cuddled him instantly, "Its okay babe. Its okay. Shhh quiet down." Louis soon gave in, only sniffling. Zayn pecked his temple carrying him back to the court room. Anne and Robin had arrived, Harry was talking to Niall avoiding contact with Robin. Zayn sat Louis on the bench beside Harry who put his arm around him. Louis was hesitant but went for the comfort.

"All rise. Case number 53 please welcome the honorable judge of Elaine Smith." The bailiff announced, Harry held Louis on his hip as they watched them bring in the judge. She waved her hands "Please be seated. Thank you Bull. Alright lets get started." She started when everyone looked the prosecutions way. Only a female lawyer sat shuffling through papers. "Prosecution goes first." Judge Smith reminded, the girl pursed her lips tucking hair behind her ear. "Right. Okay well. Mr.Tomlinson isn't here at the moment but.. Um.. Okay. Ladies and Gentlemen of the jury I bring you today the case of murder. Jay Tomlinson's life was taken early. Leaving a husband with two kids. Just heart breaking. Then to make it worse one of the sons was taken away from the father under false accusations." She said determination on her face. "Josh Tomlinson didn't deserve this. He's a loving father and was a loving husband."

Time stopped. The doors opened to Josh walking in, Kyle behind him. Both had red, puffy eyes. "Sorry I'm late. My son had an attack. He has them frequently. Especially sense the murder." Josh said pulling Kyle into a hug. Elaine nodded, "You are?" Josh took a seat, "Josh Tomlinson. The husband of Jay Tomlinson and father of Kyle and Louis Tomlinson." Zayn and Harry shared a look, Anne and Robin looked at them too. "Where is Louis Tomlinson?" Elaine asked, Josh looked at Louis, "He was taken from me." Harry glared "And there was a restraining order filed too. Louis isn't his anymore. He is our son." The judge nodded, "Alright settle down. Mr.Tomlinson and Mr.Malik don't try to pick a fight in my court room. Ms.Trinket please continue." Josh's lawyer, Abby Trinket, nodded, "Thank you. Anyway Mr.Styles not only took a life but took a family. My opening arguments are done." She finished sitting back down beside Josh. Liam rose fiddling with his fingers, "Morning." He gushed, glancing at Niall who pointed to the jury, Liam gasped, "Ladies and Gentlemen of the jury. Damn it feels good to say that. Sorry. Um.. Okay. My client Hayden Styles would never commit a crime as drastic as a murder. Also my client doesn't even know the person!" Liam exclaimed. "I'd like to see the evidence that even connects him to the case." Liam finished sitting back down grinning at Niall. Niall plastered a smile mentally face palming.

Abby sighed, "To get things rolling lets get started. I'd like to call Kyle to the stand." Louis squirmed on Harry's lap noticing Kyle for the first time, "Papa!" He whimpered hiding in Harry's neck. Harry held him tighter, "its okay babe. He's not gonna hurt you." Louis got down pushing his cars on the bench.

"Kyle when did you notice you're mother was dead?" Abby started,

"I came home from school like always and usually my mom is waiting for me in the living room or something. But she wasn't. So I went to her room and found her... Sorry. Found her dead." Kyle cried, Abby nodded, "Thank you. Now Kyle how are things now?" Kyle inhaled deeply, "Well after Louis-" Louis stood up, Harry wrapped his arms around his waist, "Everything just kind of died. Dad has been depressed same as me." Abby nodded, "Alright thank you Kyle." Kyle sighed getting down. Abby paced the courtroom, "Evidence. Mr.Payne pointed out how he would like to see the evidence well everybody I show you the finger prints of Hayden Styles in the household." Abby proudly stated, Liam stood up, "Objection! In my research I found that the house was a apartment first. They sublet the area to anyone that came into town. It was like a hotel almost therefore they could've found anyone's fingerprints." "But Mr.Payne they seemed to only find Mr.Styles." Abby shot. The judge banged her gravel, "Order! Mr.Payne do you have any evidence of any other finger prints?" Liam sat down, "No ma'am." She nodded, "Ms.Trinket please continue." Abby gave a tight smile, "I would actually like to call Robin Styles to the stand." Harry snapped his head up to see his father slowly trudging up to the stand.

"You're the father of Hayden Styles?"

"Obviously."

"Just answer the question."

"yes."

"Thank you. Now you're son has a history of being tried for murder."

"You're point?"

"Why wouldn't he do this?" Abby asked tilting her head, Liam shot up again, "Objection!" Abby turned on her heel, "On what grounds Payne?!" The judge banged her gravel, "Enough! Mr.Payne on what grounds?" Liam adjusted his tie, "On the ground that my client was falsely accused and the case was dropped." The judged nodded, "sustained get to the point Ms.Trinket." Abby growled but continued, "My point is that Mr.Styles doesn't have a clean background. And you being his father, talk to him im assuming-" robin smirked, "you really shouldn't assume stuff." Abby frowned, "Why not Mr.Styles?" Robin chuckled, "Cause it makes an ass out of you and me." Abby grew red with frustration, everyone laughed at his remark when the judge demanded order again. "Mr.Styles please not another remark like that. Ms.Trinket hurry to the point." Abby sighed, "okay. Like saying, you and Hayden probably talk. You know his background. Could you see him doing this?" Robin glanced at Hayden who didn't make eye contact. He was to busy staring at Abby. "I could see everyone killing someone for the right reasons." Robin finally answered staring right at Harry, who held his eye contact.

The judge groaned, "Court adjourned until tomorrow. Starts at 7:00 Am sharp."

*Until next time!!! I'm sorry its been a while but I am currently going through a very tough time. My laptop is broken, my parents are fighting over my little sister, everything is ugh! Anyway my name is ~Emma :)