Chapter 18: All Aboard

The train picked up greater speed and the Hopp's family became a tiny speck as we rode off into the hills.

That was it then. No more Bunnyburrows for a while because it was time to transition into the next chapter of the journey. I was definitely going to miss them because they felt like a family and treated me like a friendly visitor as opposed to an alien stranger. Out of all the places I could've crash-landed, there was no other place I would've chosen than Bunnyburrows. Of course, it wasn't my choice and it was all due to the probability fields of gravity but I sure felt lucky. They saved my life, took me in, and had me under good care which was something that I couldn't thank them enough for.

Now, if someone would've told me a week ago that I'd befriend a bunch of talking bunnies then I would've banished them all the way off to the outer rims of the universe for they had gone insane. Seeing alien life forms was one thing but seeing something that you're familiar with while adding a twist to it makes the entire experience all the more stranger. It's as if everything was backward and/or opposite.

On the other hand, telling this story to another human would've been incredibly awkward if they hadn't experienced it for themselves; additionally, one would also run into the inevitable obstacle of being made fun of because it'd all sound like an excerpt from a children's movie. Honestly, I too would probably make fun of any soldier who went on about tales of being with talking animals because we came from a serious world that dealt with serious issues in a rated-R kind of way. We weren't always like this but that's how we ended up. At this point, there'd be no one else to tell this story to except for the inhabitants of this planet which means there's no more human audience.

A mixed feeling of sadness filled my chest due to the fact that I was the last human of my universe and because the Hopp's family had so many human characteristics that reminded me of my former home. Now, we were leaving all of that behind but I instead chose to remain happy about it because we'd all still be on the same planet. Plus, we had each other's contact information so communication wasn't completely cut off.

Judy and I both gazed out of the train door windows until the Hopp's family finally disappeared from view behind the mountainous hills.

"Good family." I thought out loud.

"Aww, they're the best!" Judy smiled. "I'm so blessed to have them."

"Indeed," I said quietly while looking out into the horizon. It felt like being in the middle of a beautiful forest again but with both speed and style. We passed over a couple of crystal clear lakes and the large multitudes of oak trees gradually transitioned into pines as the train hummed along.

"Well Cherry, we've got about 200 miles until we reach Zootopia so let's find a place to sit." "How fast is the train moving?" I asked.

"I think it's about 95 miles per hour but it varies,"

 "So that gives us around two hours until arrival?" 

"Yep! That actually sounds about right."

"Let's find a seat then."