The Star of Change ⭐️

May 31, 2020
Home

As a child, I've always wished, dreamed and hoped to find magic in the world from a natural source. One, that I've always imagined, is the falling of a star from the nightly sky to Earth and touching it to absorb its emanating power. I'd use it to harness the good and almost eradicate the bad in the world. As I grew older, I've learnt the sad truth: A star is a ball of burning gases at temperatures lethal to humans so touching it would be impossible. However, there is beauty: During the light years, they shine so bright to illuminate the dark night skies until their tenure expires. We may see them during the nights but that doesn't mean they rest during the day. They continue to burn to shine. Neither does the sun, the biggest star, not shine during the night. Everything is done in a timely manner as ordained by the creator.
It's not too late to be the change you want to see in the world. Make your light years worth it and just shine. Even the little things matter. The change might not be the next day or month or year or even before your light goes out. But there is beauty beyond the recognition of how you shone your light; instrumental to the current era and generations beyond.

Be the change you want to see in the world. Be the Star of Change and make the deemed Impossible, possible.

Vishelle Sterling

(Inspired by the Bryant Helicopter Crash on Jan. 26,2020.)