˚* ❀ ten

Jia's POV

"Jia, I'm afraid you must stop working here. I just find that your daughte-"

"It's fine. Does that huge sum of money can feed you till death? I am leaving." I said throwing the resignation letter to my manager's face before leaving.

I stares forward in silent remembering what happened yesterday before shaking my head.

'Money's slave.' I thought scoffing lightly.

Soomi stirs in her sleep as I look down to her on my lap. I smiles and pats her head lovingly trying to make her sleep in peace back.

"Jia-yah, I'll go first, okay? I have a class until 4pm. I might not get to meet you again today."

Areum said packing all her books inside her bag before leaving me and Soomi at one of our University's garden.

There's not much students here looking at how it's 10.30am and Areum took care of Soomi earlier when I had class.

I continue to jot down my notes in my notebook while listening back to my lecture this morning.

"Here, it's not much but I want you to stop working as a part timer. You're now my responsibility. Just take it." Jihoon gave me an envelope filled with cash notes.

"Am I using him?" I mutters under my breathe in a low voice while sighing.

The morning breeze outside my campus really gives me some peace to do my things calmly without having to met some jelly creatures.

"Sighing? Why? Got fired? Again?"

I look up from my notes to find Kang Yiseul there alone sipping her hot chocolate bit by bit while smirking at me.

I chuckles. "Thanks, by the way. I got a lot of experience by working in various sections. In a short span of time, I get to be a barista, a shop promoter, a waitress, a maid, an academic tutor, a babysitter, a campus tour guide. Oh! Even a freelance writer. Dang, no one can slay all that except me."

She shuts her mouth hearing what I say to her making me want to laugh in her face.

"Can't be you, isn't it? Tell me, what have you been doing all these years? Oh I know! You must be pretty good at sucking, hm? I can see that from how swell your lips are. Disgusting, don't you feel? Kang Yiseul, you can never top me."

I giggles in a high pitched voice to annoy her as her face turns red from anger hearing what I said to her.

She moves closer to me and bend down to meet my eyes as I am sitting down with Soomi in my lap.

"And I will keep give you miseries, Jia. I may can't top you that, but I can top you with the amount of money I have." She said in my face.

I lean back in disgust before gagging. "You know, you should really buy some breathe mints?"

"I have better things to do than listen to you, fucking single mother." She spat.

I smirks. "Really? What a shame. All those money you have and you can't even buy some breathe mints candy for your bad breathe? I wonder if those guys you suck never washes their littly baby thumb down there. Whatever, money is your God, remember?"

She looks at me in surprise and stand back normally in offend.

"You bitch! Stop meddling into my business if you don't know nothing! You and your illegal child can go die in hell!"

"And you stop meddling into my life! It's a good thing I have never open my mouth to spread it out, Yiseul! You know Soomi is not my daughter but what did you spread to the whole college? That I'm pregnant with my boyfriend's child and got thrown." I spats back in a low voice not wanting to wake Soomi up.