˚* ❀ eight

Jia's POV

"Jia, this is already your third month not paying for this apartment's rent. I'm sorry, it's not that I don't want to help you but I have to feed my kids too."

The land owner said to me as I worriedly looks at him not knowing what to say.

"Uncle, please. Give me some time. I'm trying my best to pay the rent. Just please, don't chase me out. Where else me and Soomi would go..." I trails off in defeat.

"I'm sorry, Jia. There are people who ask about this apartment. I'm afraid, by the end of this month, I need you to pack your things and leave this house for the new owner to move in."

He apologetically said and pat my shoulder before leaving me alone.

I closes the door and lean on the door closing my eyes in process trying to find some possible ways for me to get money to pay for the rent.

"Emd of this month means by this weekend then. It's Thursday already..."

My legs gives in until my body slides down against the front door.

I brushes back my mid length black hair in frustration.

"I can't possibly sell off my iPhone 6.. How else I'm supposed to contact people? How much do I even get if I sold it?"

I mumbles under my breathe before slamming my head against the door.

I can't help but to slowly feeling depressed by my situation.

"I can't give all the money I have. What will I feed Soomi? Oh God, please give me a way to solve this problem." I whimpers lifelessly.

'Marry me.'

'I will pay you. Big amount.'

That voice rings in my head almost immediately in sudden.

I stops whimpering and thinks before slapping myself. "No, no, no, Kang Jia! Don't make a fool of yourself, you weakass virgin bitch."

"Mommy?"

I jolts in surprise looking up and sees Soomi already woke up from her sleep.

I smiles. "Hey baby, how's your sleep?" I said as she cuddles herself to me.

"Good. What you doin here?" She asks as she rubs her eyes to ease her drowsiness.

"Nothing. Come! Let's have breakfast, shower and I have a part time today."

I said getting up from my previous position as Soomi just nods her obediently and follows me to our small kitchen.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I huffs in exhausted as I put the broom at it's place after finishing closing the gas station I work in.

I walk over behind counter to see Soomi already sleeping under the counter covered with her favorite blanket.

The feelings of not being good mother for her suddenly attacks me again and again.

"Soomi-ya, wake up. We're going home now." I wake Soomi up making her stirs in her sleep whining slightly.

I take her things and my bag with me before bid goodbyes to the other workers to leave the station first.

We wait at the bus stop station waiting for the last bus at 11.30pm.

Soomi continue to sleep on my lap as I pat her using my left hand while the other is scrolling down my twitter trying to find any interesting teas to read.