Chapter 6: Feels Like Home

Start from the beginning

In the background, I could hear a couple of the bunnies laughing. It was probably my name but at least it would loosen them up a bit. Cotton had a small nervous smile on her face so I decided to keep talking.

"Cotton's beautiful name. I like it."

She shyly smiled at the compliment but didn't seem to know what to say. 

"Aww, that's so sweet!" Judy happily commented. "Can you tell him thank you?" 

She twiddled back and forth in her dress.  "...Thank you!" she blushed.

I crouched down.  "Can you give me han-- paw?"

I held out my palm once again and she gladly gave it a hard but proud tap. It was hard to believe how small her paws were. As time went on, the mood of the room became less tense and more casual and some of the bunnies were now starting to become curious and talking more. A few here and a couple there would pull out my hand to get a visual on its size while others kept looking at my boots. All around the room, a multitude of questions and comments could be heard.

"Where's his claws?"

 "Why's he so tall?"

"I don't see any fangs or claws either..." 

"Is he from Tundra?"

"Why does he have five fingers?"

"He doesn't have any fur... no tail either," 

"He's a straaaange-looking bear."

"I like his eyes... they don't even move!" 

"Are those his ears?"

"I think he's a rhino,"

"Nah, he can't be,"

"His paw feels like marble,"

In this manner, many more comments and questions were circulating the room but I couldn't catch them all

In this manner, many more comments and questions were circulating the room but I couldn't catch them all. In the back, I could see teenager-looking bunnies standing in the doorways who had just joined in. Most were like Hazel, trying to be cool and keep things smooth by staying up to date through their electronic social mediums; However, when they got a good look at me, they were quite mesmerized by my alien-like appearance and attempted to pull out their phones to take a picture.

Fortunately, Judy, being their older sister, did well to signal them to put their phones away and they all respected her. She knew that if we were to let any picture cycle through social media, it could definitely lead to some trouble. Luckily, just in case, I had methods of intercepting files by tapping into the same electronic frequency so I shouldn't have to worry about it.

Some of the teen bunnies carefully made their way towards me while trying not to step on their younger siblings. At the same time, I could feel the younglings starting to climb my leg and the back of my cape while the teens began to converse with me.