•Chapter 24•

The three walked in silence, Mumbo trailing behind his fellow architects. The insane Redstoner struggled to hold back all the emotions that he was feeling, his mind swirling with his pained thoughts. Mumbo wrestled with the tie wrapped around his neck, slightly loosening it as he continued to think to himself.

Why do I trust them? They'll only hurt me like everyone else. They're going to leave me. They're going to lock me away for hurting their friends. Mumbo thought while glaring at the two hermits in front of him, continuing to pull on his tie.

The hermits all hurt me. They cracked me. I can't take this. He thought, Mumbo's steps beginning to slow, as his thoughts began to speed up. But...They didn't mean to hurt me, did they? The hermits were just worried, right? They would never hurt me on purpose....

Of course they would. Who am I kidding? They'll want me dead after all this. They'll want me to suffer. Will I let that happen? Do I deserve it? Why am I like this..?

"Mumbo?"

The sound of his name snapped the man out of his thoughts, Mumbo looking up at the two hermits in front of him, although his vision didn't seem right. Everything was blurry, all was red in his eyes, and the two looked like they wanted to hurt him.

"Mumbo, you're crying. Are you okay?"

The sound of Grian's voice didn't reach Mumbo. He was lost in a maze of his own subconscious, the Redstoner looking down at his blistered hands, which were shaking. Everything was red, all other color drained away from the world. He wasn't seeing straight, everything beginning to spin.

"Mumbo, Mumbo can you hear us?!" Iskall asked, taking a step forward towards the Redstoner, who took a step back in response. They were going to hurt him. They were going to punish him for the things that he had done.

Don't.

Please.

I'm begging you.

I don't want this. I don't want to be hurt. Mumbo sobbed in his mind, unable to choke out a sound. The Redstoner felt like he was being crushed by a weight, gasping for breath and hyperventilating as his mind was in a state of panic.

"MUMBO!"

The voice was finally clear. Reluctantly, the Redstoner opened his eyes, his breaths slow as he noticed Grian and Iskall standing over him. Mumbo was laying on the ground, his head feeling as though it was splitting in two. Iskall offered their hand to the broken man, Mumbo's gaze locked on his friend's hand. He pushed Iskall's hand away, standing on his own.

"Mu-"

"Let's go." The Redstoner said without hesitation, his voice blank and empty, as he shoved past Iskall and Grian, walking into the forest. The two hermits looked at one another before running after Mumbo, the three continuing to walk in silence.

Mumbo completely loosened his tie, letting the dirty red cloth hang around his neck. He ignored the two hermits beside him for the remainder of the walk.

~~~~~~

False was stuck in one of the rooms with Ren, Keralis, Tango, and an unconscious Docm77. The door that had closed behind the group was lock, they couldn't turn back. Ahead was a long, empty hallway, no traps or pressure plates, nor any tripwires.

"Something is definitely off.." Tango mumbled underneath his breath, holding Doc in his arms. False bit her lip, nervously stepping forward, breathing a sigh of relief when nothing happened. Carefully, the group moved down the hall, confused when nothing happened while they walked.

"I thought Mumbo was trying to kill us. Where are all the traps..?" Ren asked while looking to False, who simply shook her head, as she approached the door at the end of the hallway. With hesitation, she placed her hand on the doorknob and slowly opened the dark oak door.

Pistons and redstone activated, and on the other side of the room ahead, Bdubs's tank began to slowly fill with water.

"Bubbles!" Keralis called, Bdubs fighting with the iron blocks on his hands. There was a gag in his mouth, the builder fighting with the cloth wrapped around his face.

False ran over to the glass, banging her fists against the reinforced barrier. Keralis had tears on the ends of his large eyes, as he ran by False's side, hopelessly slamming himself against the glass. Tango and Ren set Doc down, Ren joining the other two while Tango glanced around the room.

He approached the wall, knocking his fist against it and placing his ear against the wall. It was hollow, a room, most likely filled with redstone, behind the wall. Tango let out a breath, as he began to punch the concrete walls with his fists, ignoring the stinging pain as he continued trying to break through the wall.

The white walls were slowly dripping down with Tango's blood, as his knuckles and fists were scratched and broken, although he continued through the pain. The block broke, much to Tango's relief. He looked back at the other three hermits, the water was at Bdubs's stomach.

Tango quickly crawled through the small opening he had created, looking at all the redstone and blocks that had been hidden in the wall. He held his breath, the Redstoner looking through all the different lines of red powder.

"Please, Please, please." He mumbled, Tango running his hands through the powder, messing up the long streaks of red. The hidden room was dark, no light in the area other than the faint glow of the redstone. He rubbed the powder and destroyed the repeaters, trying to find a way to open the door. They could look for the code, but that would play right into Mumbo's plan, it would probably kill them all.

The sound of pistons activated once more as Tango destroyed a redstone block, the faint sound of water rushing out of the tank being a relief to the Redstoner. He sat down in the dark room, Tango looking down at his redstone and blood stained hands. He could hear the sound of Keralis and Ren pulling Bdubs out of the tank, the group beyond the wall rejoicing in the rescue of their friend.

Tango's moment of peace was interrupted, when he realized why Mumbo had left the room dark. The hiss of a creeper had come from behind the Redstoner, Tango looking back a second before his inevitable death.

>TangoTek was blown up by a creeper[PERMAKILL]