•Chapter 26•

"This is what I wanted..."

"So why am I unhappy?"

"Why did I do this?"

"They did nothing wrong..."

"What is wrong with me...?"

"They can't survive much longer, m-maybe I still have a chance to-"

"No. I did what had to be done."

"They weren't my friends."

"They were never my friends."

"They lied to me, they hurt me."

Mumbo looked down at his hands. Dry blood stained his clothes and hands, he was on his knees, crying on the trapdoor where Grian and Iskall had fallen into his trap. He wiped the salty tears that ran down his cheeks, heavily breathing as his emotions conflicted with one another.

The insane male looked to the chest that Grian and Iskall had looked through his stuff, Mumbo standing up and moving over to the storage box. He rummaged through the weapons and TNT, pulling out a netherrite axe and a couple of potions that he had stolen when Hels and Ex had burned to death.

"If you want something done right, then you need to do it yourself.."

~~~

"Gri....?" Iskall choked out with a sickly cough, the Swede covering their mouth as they continued to gag, sitting up in the dark pit the two were stuck in. Iskall continued to cough and wheeze until Grian was able to open his eyes, the back of his head bleeding from the impact. His vision was hazy, but the builder could see red staining Iskall's hand, which immediately caused Grian to shoot up and grab the Swede's wrist, inspecting the blood.

"Grian I'm fine-" the Swede was cut off by their own choking and gagging once more, Iskall pulling away from Grian and covering their mouth as they continued to choke out blood. The builder watched in horror as Iskall's face drained of color, they seemed to be getting worse by the second.

"Iskall, are you alright..?" Grian asked as he dreaded the Swede's sad look, Iskall flinching as they lifted their arm, their sleeve torn and bloody. Shot in Iskall's arm was a tipped arrow, potion particles swirling around the wound.

"There are traps down here.." Iskall said with caution before breaking into a coughing fit once more, Grian spotting a pressure plate near Iskall that the Swede must have landed on, which must have activated the trap.

"We need to remove that poisonous arrow before you get any worse.." Grian mumbled as he grabbed Iskall's wrist, steadily gripping the wooden part of the arrow and carefully extracting it from Iskall's arm. The Swede flinched in pain as the arrow was removed, although they let out a sigh of relief once Grian dropped the bloody arrow to the ground.

"It shouldn't get much worse now... Right?" Grian asked while hopelessly looking at the Swede, who didn't look any better, Iskall's pale exterior and weak figure getting sicker by the second.