•Chapter 10•

"Well how does it feel, Scar?" Bdubs asked, watching as the newly elected mayor situated himself on the diamond throne. Scar just smiled, adjusting his mayoral sash while relaxing on the large pile of diamonds.

Bdubs was still a bit worried, he just wanted to ignore Hels and Ex. Doc still wasn't doing well, but Ren was watching the German creeper for the moment. It let Bdubs take a break, finally relax as he could let out a satisfied sigh. He could confidently say that Scar was mayor, thanks to his hard work.

"I still can't believe I won!"
"A landslide victory no less. Everyone wants you to turn this shopping district around!"

"Yeah, I just hope I can do good. But I still can't believe Mumbo didn't get a single vote. He had a campaign manager so It honestly baffled me.."

"Come to think of it...I didn't see Mumbo at the election results.."
"I haven't seen Mumbo either...come to think of it, I haven't seen him in days.."

Bdubs and Scar glanced at one another worryingly, before Scar jumped to his feet, hopping off the diamond throne and turning to Bdubs, who was sitting on the miniature diamond block. Scar looked out at the shopping district with a frown planted on his face.

"I think we should go and check on Mumbo. It's not like him to go missing for a couple of days without telling anyone."
"You're right. But where could he be?"
"Let's check his base. That's our best bet for now."

Bdubs nodded, taking a stand and moving towards the new mayor's side. Scar's worried expression depends as the two walked down the sandstone stairs, making their way to the nether portal. Something told Scar that this wasn't a good idea, that he should turn around and leave Mumbo alone. But he kept moving, simply following Bdubs as the two wandered through the nether, both on edge for what was about to come.

~~~~~~~

"Mumbo?" Bdubs called out, his voice echoing through Mumbo's dust-coated base. It looked abandoned, with no sound except for the pair's echoing footsteps. The two entered Mumbo's storage room, chests lining the walls. Spiderwebs were tucked away in the corners, and the chests were practically grey with dust. Scar let out a few light sneezes, barely able to breathe in the dusty room. It seemed like nobody was here, the base unkept and messy.

"Come on Scar, let's go search somewhere els-"

A crash came from Mumbo's enchanting room, causing Scar to jump in surprise, clinging onto Bdubs. More sounds came from the room, causing the two hermits to look at one another before looking back down the hall. Bdubs was the first to move, swallowing his fear and slowly moving past the bubblevators and around the corner. Scar was close behind, hiding behind Bdubs for protection. The two peaked their heads around the corner, watching as Mumbo seemed to be throwing a fit. He ran his hands across the bookshelves, throwing all the books off of them while cussing.

"Shit! Fuck! Bitc-"

"Mumbo...?"

The Redstoner suddenly snapped back to reality, as he stood upright, straightening his back. Bdubs and Scar moved a bit closer, watching as Mumbo cussed under his breath, keeping his back facing the two hermits. The mustached hermit didn't move as Bdubs lightly tapped him on the shoulder, only continuing to talk under his breath.

"What do I do about these two..?

A-are you sure....?

Alright. If you say so.."

"Mumbo? Who are you talking to?"

The Redstoner turned around with a large, unsettling grin planted on the ends of his face. His left hand was squeezing his right hand's wrist, his nails digging into the skin. But that's wasn't what scared the two builders. Mumbo's eyes were white, empty, and soulless. In a way, he looked dead, but his sinister smile said otherwise. Scar and Bdubs looked at one another before Scar slightly coughed, taking a step forward towards the Redstoner.

"We just wanted to make sure you were okay, you haven't been around in a while, is everything alright..?"

"Everything is just splendid!" Mumbo said, a hint of agony and pain in his voice. Bdubs let out a forced laugh, grabbing Scar's wrist and pulling him away from the crazy hermit.

"W-well, it was nice to see that you're okay, but we'll be on our way now-"

"No no! Why don't you stay a while and chat! I insist..."

Mumbo reached into his suit coat, pulling out a small iron dagger that was drenched in a black potion-like liquid. Before anyone could react, Mumbo grabbed Scar by his shirt, stabbing the mayor in the side of his waist. Blood oozed out of the cut, but the black potion seemed to counter the blood, turning it black as it poured out of his cut. Mumbo stopped Scar onto the ground, kicking the mayor to the side with no mercy towards him. Mumbo pulled out a black potion from his suit pocket, dipping his dagger into it and watching as the black liquid slowly made it's way down the side of the dagger.

"You're turn!" Mumbo said, taking a cheery tone in his voice. Bdubs glanced to Scar, who was laying in a puddle of black blood, unconscious. He looked back at Mumbo, who was slowly cornering the builder.

"W-why are you doing this Mumbo?!"

"I'm only listening to orders! Don't worry, I'm sure Hels and Ex have a plan for you two!"

Before Bdubs could respond, Mumbo threw the dagger, which lodged itself into Bdubs's thigh. The pain was worse than Bdubs could imagine. It was like his leg was on fire, his leg now unmovable. A dark wave crashed through Bdubs's head, as Bdubs began to fade in and out of consciousness. Every time he closed his eyes, it was like time sped up. He shut his eyes, and when he opened them again, Bdubs was being dragged across the floor, Mumbo humming to himself as he dragged the bloody hermit along.

Bdubs shut his eyes once more, his head fuzzy and jumbled. He could barely think, the pain in his leg had now taken control of his body, Bdubs only able to slightly shake in pain. Bdubs coughed up blood, slightly choking on his own words.

"M-.....Mumbo...."
"Oh shut the hell up!" Mumbo laughed, watching as blood leaked out of Bdubs's leg. Mumbo was under Hels and Ex's control, he couldn't fight it. He could only smile and nod, following along with whatever the two say.