•Chapter 22•

"Cleo! Get back here!" Joe called, running after the undead, the torch in her hand illuminating the path ahead. The two had ran down the stairwell, neither waiting for the other hermits. Joe struggled to catch up with the zombie, his friend moving with great speed. The echoing sound of screaming shook the cavern, Cleo stopping, dead in her tracks. She looked back at Joe, who was just as pale as the zombie was. Those screams were coming from the hermits. The hermits who they left behind.

"Come on Joe!" Cleo said, grabbing the poet's wrist and rushing back up the stairs, in hopes that they weren't too late. The two ran with great speed, climbing the stairs as fast as they could, until they finally made it to the surface, a large hole in the ground before them, the one which the hermits must have fallen through before they entered the bunker.

"Get down!" Cleo said in a whisper, Joe quickly following her lead and getting low to the ground, the poet quickly spotting Mumbo, Grian, and Iskall. The insane hermit had tied his friends up, the two struggling in their bind. The Redstoner smile seemed so innocent and pure, like he really was happy that the two were safe, although he had lost the benefit of the doubt.

"Don't worry. You'll be safe here." Mumbo cooed in a comforting voice, the Redstoner grabbing a bit more rope, clearly not wanting the two hermits to get away. He bound their ankles and wrists, and when the Redstoner was finished, he smiled with pride at his work.

"I just don't want you two getting hurt. You're my family." Mumbo said with a tired grin, wrapping his bloody arms around the two, slightly squeezing Iskall and Grian. Small sobs left Mumbo's lips, as he pulled the two a bit closer, holding them tight with no intent of letting go.

"I-I don't want this...." he mumbled, the mustached man's pleads and sobs causing the two bound hermits to look at each other with concern on their faces. Mumbo shook his head, pulling away from the two and standing up. The mustached man cleared his throat, pulling out a handkerchief and wiping the tears from his eyes, although he didn't seem to care for Doc's blood, which continued to linger on his suit and skin.

"I just want them to suffer.." Mumbo said, clenching his fists and shaking his head. The Redstoner turned towards the jungle, shoving his bloody and blistered hands into his pockets, the insane hermit slightly looking back at the two, his crimson eyes swarming with hatred.

"I'll be back. If you try and escape, I'll kill you both." The crazed man explained, before stepping into the shadows, which enveloped him, the Redstoner fading away in the shadows of the jungle. Cleo and Joe waited a couple more minutes before coming out of hiding, the two hopping over the large hole and running over to their friends.

"Cleo? Joe? H-how did you-"

"No time to explain. Just stay still." The zombie instructed, pulling out a diamond sword and using the blade to cut the ropes with ease. Iskall and Grian were covered in blood, and it was hard to tell if it was their own, or if it was somebody else's. Joe didn't want to think about it for too long..

"You guys need to go after the others." Iskall said, the Swede running their hand through their bloodstained hair. Grian nodded in agreement, looking into the Jungle, where Mumbo had disappeared into the shadows.

"But what about you two?" Joe asked, Iskall and Grian making eye contact, both understanding what they needed to do.

"We're going after Mumbo. Maybe we can help him.." Grian said, Iskall nodding in agreement. Cleo frowned, but she didn't say anything, pulling out a small iron dagger and handing it to Grian.

"Be safe."

"Thanks Cleo." Grian said, he and Iskall turning to the jungle, nodding to one another as they entered the dark jungle, running after Mumbo.

"Do you think they can save Mumbo?" Joe asked, looking to his Zombie friend, Cleo shaking her head and turning to the bunker.

"We can only hope."

~~~~~~

"G-guys..?" Stress asked the other hermits, watching as the room began to shake, the tiles and pressure plates that littered the ground began to tremble as well. It felt like an earthquake, but Tango could hear piston coming from the walls, clearly Mumbo had planned this.

Keralis, False, and TFC all stumbled as the room continued to shake, all three setting off a couple pressure plates. Arrow holes opened out of the walls, poison-tipped arrows beginning to shoot at the hermits. Not to mention the creepers who began to fall from the ceiling, and the ground that started to cave in, a pit of spikes lying underneath the hermits.

"This is getting crazy!" Beef shouted, as he shoved his axe through a creeper's head, the explosive mob disappearing in a cloud of dust. Jevin tackled Ren to the ground, saving the dog hybrid from getting hit with a poisonous arrow, but setting off another pressure plate in the process. Pistons activated once more, the walls slowly closing in on the hermits.

"Okay, we need to get out of here, now!" False screamed over the dying mobs and cries of terror, the PvPer glancing around the room, pulling out a now and arrow. The blonde-haired Brit noticed a pressure plate that seemed smaller than the others, False holding her breath as she loaded an arrow, shooting the plate with her eyes shut tight.

A satisfying note block went off, more pistons activating, and suddenly three exits opened, all leading to a different trapped hermit. The trapped room didn't stop attacking, arrows and creepers continuing to attack.

"Get to the nearest exit, we'll meet up once we rescued the others!" False called, making a dash to the exit, running over the pressure plates with no regards to the traps. Other hermits followed her lead, bolting out of the room as fast as they could.

Jevin was the last in the room, the slime stuck fighting an army of creepers. He was backed into a corner, the wall pushing him towards the explosive mobs. Jevin was trapped in the far corner, he couldn't run to the exits without getting blown up by a creeper.

The slime watched with dread filling his stomach, the creepers approaching, barely caring as they stepped over the pressure plates. One of the plates caused a small hiss from underneath the ground, Jevin looking up helplessly, locking eyes with False, before the exit doors closed, the sound of TNT going off.

>iJevin blew up[PERMAKILL]