•Chapter 27•

"Mumbo...Whatever Ex and Hels did to you, we can fix it. You know that you don't want to do this.." TFC spoke quietly with a calm voice to reassure the British male, the older hermit stepping forward as he extended his hand towards the Redstoner. Mumbo stepped backwards to distance himself from the group of hermits, his eyes wild and untamed as he studied the people he used to call his friends.

"How can you say that? You don't know what they did to me! What they forced me to do and say! I was just a toy to them, a puppet to use for their plans! They took away everything I knew and turned me into one of them!" Mumbo snapped harshly in response to TFC, the Redstoner reaching into his pocket as he pulled out a small device, a single red button catching the group of hermit's attention.

"I can blow every here into bits, and I won't hesitate to do so!" He snapped at the six, everything about Mumbo was wild and insane. The Redstoner wasn't himself, it was painfully clear to the hermits, but they were unsure if the old Mumbo would ever come back.

"Mumbo..j-just put the remote down.." Scar spoke quietly with his eyes glued to the device, the Brit's thumb shakily hovering over the red button to threaten the group. The Redstoner shook his head.

"You know I can't do that, I'm too far down this path. I can't stop now." He said, Mumbo's voice barely a whisper. Joe stepped in front of the other hermits as he slowly approached the British Redstoner, Mumbo's eyes swirling with a mix of fear and hatred.

"You're doing exactly what Hels and Ex wanted, Mumbo." Joe began to speak with a soft and quiet voice, trying not to startle the insane man. "They knew that they had pushed you over the edge, and even if they're gone, you're still letting them control you.."

"I can control myself! I-I know what I'm doing! I'm SICK of everything and everyone on this STUPID SERVER! I'll blow everything up, including myself, just to put myself out of this pain!" Mumbo screamed as tears rushed down his bloodstained face, his thumb moving to press the red button. Joe's eyes widened, the poet quickly reacting as he lunged for the device.

Cleo, Cub, and Stress joined the fight for the remote, Mumbo raising the device above his head as he used his other hand to try and fight off Joe. Cub kicked the Redstoner in his gut, which caused Mumbo to trip and fall to the ground, Scar, Tin, Cleo, and Stress pinning down his arms and legs to prevent him from moving, as Cub grabbed the remote from Mumbo's hands.

"I'll hold onto this for you." Cub said with a smile, Mumbo growling with hatred burning in his steely glare. Joe placed a hand on the pharaoh's shoulder, though his eyes were locked on the insane Brit.

"You guys should go and find the others, I wanna stay here and talk to Mumbo." He mentioned to Cub, the pharaoh shaking his head.

"No way, he's way to dangerous! He'll kill you!" Cub exclaimed, but Joe didn't seem to care.

"I have to risk it, whatever happened to him, it won't be solved by us fighting. Someone needs to try and get through to him, and it needs to be me." Joe spoke with confidence, his attention turning to Cub. "Go save the others and get out of here, I'll be okay."

Cub knew he couldn't convince Joe otherwise, so he silently nodded his head as he pulled out a pickaxe, breaking through the wall. "Come on, we'll tunnel to the next room over and see if we can find anyone."