Being the clumsy person I am when nervous, I accidentally tripped on the trash can nearby. "Ouch!", I exclaimed spontaneously, as the pain shot from my toes.

"(Y/N)-san, are you okay?!", Shindou approached me with worry.

"A-ahh, Shindou-san! Yes yes, I'm fine. It's just a small typical bumping ahahah", I laughed awkwardly, brushing off my nervous face.

"Did you saw? The person I'm with before?", Shindou asked, smiling sadly. It seems he has figured out my lack of acting skill. Man... why can't I act better like covering my expression...

"You knew? Ahahahahh... I just saw you, that's all! I don't intend to interfere in your business at all, Shindou-san", I explained, afraid he might get the wrong idea.

"No, it's fine. We already broke up, there's nothing between us anymore...", he said in a sad tone, looking down. My eyebrows knitted in trouble.

"E-err... I don't know how it feels after a broke up but I do know how to cheer you up!", I beamed up at him.

"Eh?", he looks up to me in surprise. Grinning, I fish out my pen from my bag. Taking his hand, he tense up at my sudden action. "Wh-what are you writing on my hand, (Y/N)-san..?", Shindou questioned but I didn't reply as I continued scribbling something on his left palm.

"Okay, done!", I said, smiling in content at the result. He looked at his left hand to see a simple drawing of his smiling face in chibi version with some words written beside it.

"I am... strong", he read it out loud.

"Yeah, I think people who broke up are strong because they have done their best for their partner even if they broke up in the end. And you're one of them too, Shindou-san!", I said, grinning at him. A smile formed on his lips.

"Thank you, (Y/N)-san. I'm sure you'll be a great girlfriend for your partner someday", Shindou smiled gently.

"What are you talking about? I've never been in such a relationship", I chuckled at his words. "Oh, you've got practice right? That ink is water-based so don't worry. Sorry to use up your time. Then, I'll go first. Bye bye, Shindou-san!", I immediately rushed off after waving goodbye to Shindou. I have to catch the bus since my scooter was sent off to the workshop due to some problem. It's true, I have heard many times from my classmates how painful it is to break up. Even if I never felt how painful it is, I know how it feels to not have your beloved person by your side. Especially if that person is no longer here.

🍃

Lounging in the living room peacefully, I shut my eyes as I let my body relax into the soft and comfy couch. Finally... a peace of mind after the whole packed weeks of exam and assignment. Summer break begins next week and thankfully I have no classes until the holiday starts.

"Man... I like how kind the lecturers are to give us an early holiday~", I sighed in relief, thanking the lecturers of the Science Health Department. The lecturers always give us an early start of holiday after those piles of assignments in the previous hell-week. Maybe because most of them are seniors that they are used to the students' mood. Then, a thought crossed my mind as I remembered Hana's news when we were having dinner.

"That'd left Nico-chan Senpai, King-san and Ouji-senpai to get their official record. Based on what Haiji-san said, there are three more meets. King-san and Nico-chan Senpai have their chance for the next meet as their times have constantly improved but Ouji-senpai...", I muttered and flick my eyes open only to meet with a pair of dark-brown eyes staring down at me.

"G-GARRGHH!", I yelped in surprise and jumped off the couch, almost stumbling down the floor. A loud laughter erupted from the unkept-haired man. I rolled my eyes and sighed, sitting back on the couch.