"I'll be alright. Yeah, let's go," I smiled.

- Todoroki's POV -

I walked alongside her, listening to her talk away about anything that came to her mind. She seemed quite bubbly and happy today, which of course made me happy.

I was in love with (y/n) (l/n), yet I never told her because I knew she wouldn't believe me. I knew she hated her quirk and the attention it gave her, and truth be told I hated it too. Seeing people fall for her so easily as she just walked past them pained me, as it was because of this that she didn't trust love, she didn't believe that anyone would truly fall for her as she always believed that it was to do with her quirk, but I felt something more. I knew my love for her extended beyond the capabilities of her quirk, but I never told her because I simply knew she wouldn't believe me.

Instead I decided to protect her from all of those around her who 'fell' for her because of her quirk. She seemed incredibly thankful for that which made me quite proud, and I was always going to stick by her to make sure she was always safe. I could tell she was nervous about today and I had to admit, I was too, but I wasn't going to let my guard down as her protector even if they were my other friends she was meeting.

"Ah, there they are," I spoke up as we reached the edge of the beach, pointing out towards the sand where several umbrellas were erected, my classmates all standing around them. "Are you okay?"

"Y-yeah, yeah I'm fine," she said but she was shuffling a little. I looked around to see some men standing by an ice cream truck nearby, staring over at (y/n). Annoyed, I took her hand and glared at the men, leading her onto the beach. This was something that didn't really surprise (y/n), as I often took her hand if situation like this to hopefully prevent people from approaching. Not only that, but it gave me a good enough excuse to hold onto her.

"Hey, Todoroki's here! And who's-," Midoriya started but stopped as soon as he registered (y/n). A blush was spread across his cheeks as he approached her, but I held onto her hand encouragingly. "H-hi- I'm- er- my name is Midoriya- I-Izuku Midoriya-," he stuttered and I rolled my eyes.

"Hello!" Iida's voice came, as he even used his quirk to run up to (y/n) and I. He slightly pushed Midoriya aside, trying to catch (y/n)'s full attention. "My name is Tenya Iida, I am the class representative! May I just say, that you look beautiful-,"

"WHOA! CUTE CHICK ALERT!" Kaminari's voice shouted, drowning out Iida. This time (y/n) actually stepped back, trying to hide herself behind me. "Hey babe, you're hella cute, fancy coming to get an ice cream with me? Just the two of us I mean-,"

"That's enough," I growled menacingly at the three boys, causing them to back away a little. A scream from behind me caused me to turn, and I saw Mineta groping (y/n) as she attempted to push him away. "HEY! GET AWAY FROM HER!" I shouted, kicking him away but he simply ran back.

"She's so hot! Wow, with boobs and a butt like that she could make any guy drool-," before he had a chance to say anything else, I trapped him in an ice cage, refusing to let him out. He whined, complaining that he wasn't able to touch (y/n), but this simply angered me more.

"It's okay Todoroki... I'm used to it," she replied sadly.

"You shouldn't be!" I exclaimed, a little louder then I should've.

"Perhaps I shouldn't be but it can't be helped. It's my quirk..." she mumbled, leaning her head into my chest. My heart skipped several beats at her action, and I simply wrapped my arms around her tightly.

- (y/n)'s POV -

He held onto me tightly which warmed my spirits a little. When we went to sit down with the rest of his classmates, leaving the small perverted one in his ice cage, the majority of his classmates were trying desperately to get closer to me. Most were trying to have a conversation with me and were clearly flirting with me but again, this was something I was annoyingly used to.