where's my surprise

Hook line n sinker storyline (lws):

She was stuck babysitting a sick kid for literally 16 hours straight and maybe Ben picks her up or she takes the bus home and is literally dead. She'd been sending Lucas snapchats at ungodly hours of the night because the kid is sick and awake and so is she.

Why are you eating cereal in the dark like a fucking creep?
It challenges my night vision.
snap, etc.

point is, he makes her breakfast and a tea, and then she spills it halfway through drinking it and kind of starts to cry? And then he's like ok Theo today is canceled and I'm taking you to a large body of water. He packs a lunch and tries to think of everything so she doesn't have to worry about it. He makes a picnic lunch, the bastard. Lots of cold fruit. Maybe a light cocktail or two but only if she wants. Just as an option ya know? She'll definitely fall asleep on the blanket, she's definitely nOT CURLED INTO HIS SIDE. Also, she's exhausted and clingy which means when they're in the water she's wrapped around him 85% of the time. And it's the best day of his goddamn life. How tall is this bitch though that's the question he can't be that tall ok he's about six fEET - ANYWAYS he even got her favorite drink ok how about:

~

After being stuck babysitting a sick kid for 16 hours straight she calls Ben to come pick her up because she knows she'll fall asleep on the bus. He drops her at home and gets her inside, answering a call from Lucas on the way out the door.

"Lucas," he says matter of factly,

"hey, benny. Did you get her home?" Ben nodded to himself, closing the front door on his way out.

"Yeah, I put her to bed. She's really out of it."

"She was eating cereal in the dark at 3am." Both boys chuckle.

"Yeah, it seemed like she was going a bit crazy."

"I don't think she slept at all either. I'll check on her after my meeting."

"Sounds good, I'll see ya later."

"Bye mate" Lucas drops off his bags at home before going next door to check on her. She's half-asleep, limbs tangled in the sheets. He sat down next to her and brushed the hair out of her face. She sighs in her sleep, soft sounds leaving her pink lips.

The boy melts.

Theo woke up in a haze, a dull, constant ache pulsing from her temples. She could smell breakfast, her first thought was either Ben or Lucas. One look at his back muscles and man bun confirmed that it was Lucas.

"Hey, sleepyhead." She let out a breath, holding onto the counter and squinting at how bright the kitchen was in the morning light.

"How long have you been here?" Her voice is like sandpaper- dry and rough. Lucas gulps, turning to look at her over his shoulder before pushing a fresh cup of tea towards her.

"only a bit. You hungry?" She shook her head and reached for the cup of tea. "Did you sleep at all?" Another shake of her head.

She's either sitting on the stool or the counter because when she spills the tea she makes an adorable frustrated noise, tears immediately pricking her eyes. Lucas turns the burner off and reaches her in two long strides, standing between her legs, hands hovering over her bare thighs (thanks to her soft sleep shorts)

"Hey, it's ok." He rubbed his thumb over her skin, leaning into her. "It's just tea, beauty." She rested her head against his shoulder, sniffling.

"I wanted to drink it." Her words are muffled by the material of his shirt, soft against her cheek.

"I'll make you another one," he chuckled as she pulled him closer, attaching herself to his torso to console herself. He brushes her hair behind her ear, wiping a stray tear from her cheek. "How about we cancel today and take you swimming, yeah?" She hummed what sounded like an ok into his chest.

He makes her take a nap while he gets the picnic together.

"But I want to come with you." Her voice has the best rasp to it, also pitching up at the end of her sentence as she looks up at him from the bed.

"And I want everything to be a surprise, you're just gonna have to deal." Her lips turn down in maybe the biggest pout he's ever seen.

"But-!" The boy chuckles, leaning down and over to press a kiss to her forehead.

"I'll be right back, Theo. I promise." She huffs and turns into the wall. Fine is her muffled response.

Lucas rolls his eyes at her dramatics but at least he could go get everything and it would be perfect.

His plan worked too well because she was snoring softly when he returned, holding her tiny hippo to her chest, body curled into the wall. He did the only thing he could think of- ok, maybe what he wanted to do most, which was lying down beside her. She stirs, turning over and mumbling

"where's my surprise bish" pulling a laugh out of the boy's mouth.

"You're so ladylike, Theo." He snickers, hands landing on her waist to pull her into his chest. She ducks her head under his chin, nose brushing his collarbone as she lets out a breath, causing the boy to suck in one at the same time. "ready to go, yeah?"