it's the heels

Janoskians/juke storyline:

He loves the way her voice goes high when she's tired. It's actually a mix of raspy and broken high notes. He adores it.

She's on her computer when he comes down for a glass of water, typing away, completely absorbed in her work. She was still dressed up, the only change being her hair which was twisted into a high bun, her glasses sitting peacefully on the bridge of her nose.

"How was singing?" She glanced up at him, smile gracing her colored lips. She'd gotten the call on Tuesday- a friend wondering if she wanted to sing with her on Saturday. They didn't even have time to practice before the event, just the half hour before it started.

"It was good, really good."

"Where'd you sing again?" he scratched his head and leaned against the counter, taking her in. His breath hitched when she stood, stretching her arms above her head. He hadn't gotten to see her before she left and he marveled at her wardrobe choice, his previous question forgotten.

She's wearing a crop top with little flowers scattered across the material, the shade of pink making the blonde in her hair stand out more, her lips brighter than usual.
Jamie enjoyed makeup, just not excessive amounts of it. And she didn't wear lipstick often because one, she sucked at applying it and two, she'd always wipe it off because she only needed to wear it for a little bit so it could make her lips a slightly different color.

Her eyes were coated lightly in shimmering eye shadow, black eyeliner lining her lids. She'd used at least 4 different mascaras to achieve her current lashes and it was going to be hell to take everything off.

She made her way over to him, stumbling a bit in her ankle boots. He caught her by the waist and pulled her to his chest. She blinked sleepily and looked up at him, finding that he was closer, or she was due to her heels.

"Hi" she whispered, her own arms securing themselves around his middle.

He bit his lip, "Hey," he replied, resting his forehead against hers. She sighed quietly,

"How was your day?" she asked, beginning to count the freckles splattered across the bridge of his nose.

"Tiring, the usual. Nothing exciting happened. I missed you." he breathed. She let out a small giggle, completely losing count, bumping his nose with her own instead.

"I missed you, too. I'm tired." She pouts her lip somewhat out of habit. He's still staring at her. "What?" he shakes his head softly and just smiles.

"Nothing, you're just beautiful." His words catch her by surprise and a blush colors her cheeks as she bites her own lip, blinking up at him.

"Thank you," is her hushed response. And it isn't that he doesn't tell her often, because he does. It's the fact that she's still not used to hearing it.

They stood together for a moment, drinking each other in. What he isn't exactly aware of is that his eyes are about as big as saucers, and his fondness is showing. A lot. Of course, so is Jamie's.

She was a bit in awe, to be honest. Then a laugh suddenly escaped her lips. Luke snapped out of his daze, blinking at her in confusion- they were having quite the moment.
"What's so funny?" he asked nervously, his grip on her waist tightening momentarily.

"Nothing, I just really like you is all." Her voice cracked before coming out in a barely audible squeak. She closed her mouth abruptly and rested her forehead against his chest in embarrassment. It was Luke's turn to laugh.

"Well, I really like you too. And you're really tired, Ms. Matthews." He smirked down at her when she poked his side in annoyance and rasped an affectionate,

"Shut up." He released her and she took a step back, bewildered. And then she's in his arms- bridal style, and she's really laughing. "What're you doing?"

"I'm taking you to bed. You can't walk up the stairs by yourself in this condition, especially not in ankle boots." He says matter-of- factly, walking past her laptop. "Now, close your computer and we'll be on our way." She rolls her eyes but reaches out to shut her computer before relaxing into his arms.

He carries her up the stairs and to the room, placing her on the bed and removing her shoes.

"Do you want just a t-shirt?" he asks, already in front of the dresser, already knowing her answer. She nods and stifles a yawn. She still had to wash her face and brush her teeth.
While Jamie gets changed Luke wanders into the bathroom and puts toothpaste on her toothbrush, as well as his own. She yawns again and he comes back out to find her sprawled out on her back, blinking sleepily up at the ceiling. He smiles before lifting her into his arms again and carrying her to the bathroom. "Time to brush your teeth, babe." She nods faintly and grabs her brush off the counter.

"Are you going to put me down?" her toothbrush is inches from her mouth as she peers up at him. He shakes his head. "But-!"

"You're tired and I'm going to carry you. Brush your teeth." She frowns for a moment before doing what she's told. He even moves closer to the sink when she's done so she can spit and rinse. "Good. Now to wash your face." He realizes something. "Well, okay I lied. I'll put you down so you can wash your face, but then I'm carrying you again."

She rolls her eyes at him as he sets her down on the toilet promptly handing her a makeup remover wipe before brushing his own teeth. As predicted, it took a good 3 minutes to get all the makeup off of her face, but man did it feel good when it was gone. Fresh faced and sleepy eyed she climbed onto his back this time, her arms going around his neck, her chin resting on his shoulder.

She studied his face for a short moment before leaning forward, placing a soft kiss on his cheekbone; a silent thank you. The corners of his mouth lifted and he blushed, pulling the sheets back.

"Goodnight, Jamie." He leaned down and tucked her in, leaving a kiss of his own on her forehead.