10 (The End)

Fifteen days later......

Owen did not say a word for several minutes when I mentioned the Kaatakilla-Sabeen thing sometime in the wee hours of the morning. My trainee Kaatakilla is drawn to this Apollon female who is in the custody of the Beses for a while now. Sabeen Hamilton is Alexander's elder sister. Alexander is an Apollon who is mated to Amelia. I saw Sabeen having sex with Kaatakilla against a tree trunk last night.

"Having sex in the wilderness is...... nice......," Owen says with acting seriousness.

"Agreed," a laugh bubbled out of me.

"We were caught in a similar situation," he replies with a smile.

"Unlike them we're matured adults."

"They're adults nonetheless if not matured."

"Kaatakilla can't be distracted from her training."

"Trust me, Sabeen is just blowing off heat with her."

"I heard rumor that Sabeen is drawn to Hachiro."

"The very reason Sabeen was having sex with her."

After a moment's silence Owen speaks again,

"How many kids are you planning to gift me now that we're mated?"

"As many as it takes to drive you insane."

"Maybe we should aim for a football team."

"Half of them horses, half of them lions."

"How'll I pick up foals when they're in horse form?"

"Unlike lion cubs, horses don't like to be picked up."

"So how do you suggest we bond?"

"You'll go to run with them."

"Hmm. Lions are quite a competition for horses."

"My horses will win. I'll cheer them."

I found Naava and it is probably the greatest success in my profession. But the greatest success in my life is Owen Earhart. I guess fate does have surprises in stores for us. Otherwise how can a kidnap case lead to a forever love story? I lie here in this beautiful man's arms, seeing the dawn creep through the sky and a smile from him just for me.

I feel marked. There is no other way to put it. Hachiro told me two days ago that he caught Owen's scent on me since the beginning of the investigation. I was not aware of it. Means Gabby knew it too but decided to pretend that she did not. Aalam still pesters me around Owen but I guess he considers me family. It is lovely to have a nephew. Amelia came with Alexander to congratulate me too. I wish Kadeem was here to see this. I guess he is seeing us from up above and smirking at this odd match.