9

Eleven days later......

"Well......," Owen ran his hand over my hair.

"I rather be with you," I reply leaning on him.

"So, the Anggitay gave herself to the Bes?"

"Don't take it for granted."

"I'll take it for being in heaven."

"I may still have to do some spy works once in a while."

"I'll never stop you from your ambitions."

"But you'll always worry about my protection."

"You're my mate, Terrian. My life before yours."

Just as Owen leans in to kiss me,

"Ahem," a pointed cough, "Didn't you two already get that out of your system?" says Hachiro.

"You didn't have to cough Hachiro," Owen replies.

"How are you doing she-horse?" Hachiro asks me.

"Good. You better don't call me that."

"Owen has to go through a lot before he tries to revenge that."

"I'll still be solving yours and other hybrid's cases though I'll be a member of your Group."

"It's always handy to have a spy on deck. And me being your First Leader......"

"Bullshit," I say through a smile but with all seriousness.

"I'm your First Leader...... even if by default," Hachiro tersely says.

"You're my mate's Leader, not mine."

"You have an untamed horse in your arms," Hachiro says to Owen.

"Her wildness is what drew me to her," Owen replies.

"I'm so glad she broke your walls."

"She was around for such a long time; wish I'd realized it sooner."

Hachiro looks from me to him. Crinkles appear in the corner of his eyes as he smiles at our happiness. But an old pain in his eyes does not hide from me. Hachiro is over thirty years now and was First Leader since he was twenty-one. Still he did not take a mate. I heard rumors that his mate died when they were both still children. It hurts me because having a mate is such a wonderful experience. When Owen takes care of me, fights me, it makes me feel wanted, valuable.

Hachiro leaves. Owen kisses my forehead and the corner of my brows. I place a soft kiss on his heart. He holds me closer by my head. I know he loves being kissed on his chest. He slowly unbuttons my shirt and it makes me laugh. As if I will not feel my clothes being removed. I put my hand under his T-shirt and brush my fingers along his waist band. He takes in a sharp breath. No matter how much and how long we are with each other, we will not let us get bored.