7

Nineteen days later......

"From the Apollon scents and the fact, we found some bomb-making apparatus, I'm saying it's a good bet," Owen said over the phone.

"Why didn't you call me before raiding the area?" I say in a cool angry voice.

"Because I wanted you to be safe."

"Enough.... Okay.... How long have the Apollons departed from there?"

"From the scent, an hour or so."

I took a moment to think. The Apollons captured Naava, for sure. They did not do to make Naava create biological weapons for them. Naava is being used to destroy us in a more direct method. They will strap a bomb on her and leave her in our area. Us being warm blooded, we will not leave Naava behind and try to save her. In the process, we will have a huge damage done.

"I'll get some Anggitays on it, too," I inform Owen.

"Terrian, I respect your decision but you should leave this to us," he calmly replies.

"The Anggitays are more efficient in investigations."

"Fine, but be sure they're willing to cooperate."

"You clear the area and give me a call."

"I was thinking the same."

"Yes, horses like doing investigations without lions breathing on their necks."

I kill the call and dial one of my trainee's number.

"I know you're a good tracker, but you're still in training," I say to my favorite trainee Kaatakilla.

"I know, so when is your colleague coming?" she replies with irritation.

"My colleague will be on site in a moment."

"You know this is my last year."

"Yes, but even I, being in this profession for the past four years, am still learning."

"You will always be my idle."

These are the moments when I feel like I really am successful in my work and also being a trainer. The Beses caught Naava's scent along with the Apollons in a site close to the Main Road. I think Naava is already in the city. Now we just have to find her. I feel like she is just under my nose but I cannot pinpoint her location. Maybe I will not find her. The Apollons will deliver her to us when they want. We have to concentrate on damage control when she arrives with unreturnable gifts attached to her.