Chapter 28

Yubin POV

I was gonna burst any day now. I had finally hit the long awaited eight month mark which meant anything could happen. I had a set date, but babies were unpredictable. They could come out two weeks early, two weeks late, the possibilities are very endless.

I was doing a little bit better at handling my father's death. It still hurt a lot and it was kind of difficult to get used to it and just live with the fact that he simply wasn't here anymore, but I was doing better day by day.

I was humming a soft tune to my bump while simultaneously finalizing details for the party. Since that was also coming up in about a week or two, I had to work through my pregnancy.

I felt something warm around my shoulders before I felt a very warm figure collapse beside me and rest his head on my lap.

I set my laptop aside so Seokjin could adjust himself more comfortably on me while I smiled affectionately at him.

"Has my Jinnie worked too hard?" I hummed, brushing the bangs out of his face.

He groaned in response, nuzzling his face against my baby bump.

"Yeah...but you're working harder than I am. You're supposed to rest everyday so that baby can come out all happy," he mumbled.

I chuckled, "I would but this party is mega important for my job, babe. I run the risk of losing credibility if I don't do it. But not to worry, because I just officially finished contacting all the different staff and have got the blueprints for the setup ready to go. All I gotta do is email it to Luna and the design team and it'll be smooth sailing from there. Then all I gotta do is show up and make sure no fire starts."

Seokjin was being clingy which was a new habit he had started when he was stressing about my health or the baby coming. It was a rather endearing habit but he did it so often that it made me worry about his mental peace.

And that's when a brilliant idea popped into my head.

"Jinnie~ let's go on a date," I suggested.

I felt him softly smile against my stomach.

"Where do you wanna go baby? I'll take you anywhere your heart desires," he smiled.

I looked down at him lovingly, my heart swelling with adoration for the amazing man in my lap.

"My heart desires to go where you want to. I feel bad because all our dates have been focused around me. So let's switch it up. Where do you want to go for a date?"

He sat up, his brown orbs staring deeply into mine.

His hand lightly brushed a strand of hair out of my face while he continued to admiringly lose himself in the abyss of my eyes.

"Well...there is one place," he mumbled.

I cuddled up to him, "Tell me about it."

He grinned, "Well...let's just say the boys and I have a private house on a tucked away island where you and I can go spend some alone time without worrying about anyone else."

I cocked an eyebrow, "Sounds lovely...what's the catch?"

He smirked, "You know me so well darling. But there's no catch. Except maybe that we'll have it all to ourselves meaning we can do whatever we want and wander wherever we want without masks."

I wrapped my hands around his neck, "Have I mentioned that I love you?"

He grinned, "All the time, but I'll never get tired of hearing it. Let me call my pilot and then we can go in a few hours."

P-pilot?!

"Umm, am I crazy or did you just say pilot so nonchalantly?" I asked.

He chuckled, "I've got a private jet baby. You should've expected that one."

My jaw hung agape.

He casually took out his phone and dialed a number.

"Hey Junwon. Yeah it's me CEO Kim. Do you think Ye-in and you could drop me and my girlfriend off at the island?" He asked nonchalantly. Seokjin smiled, "Perfect. See you in an hour."

I coughed, "O-one hour?! We have to pack!"

He cupped my cheeks pressing a gentle kiss to my lips. He winked at me signaling that there was nothing I needed to worry about.

I closed my laptop abandoning the work I had focused all my energy on. A little break wouldn't hurt.

Especially if it was on a secluded island with my two favorite people.

I laughed to myself softly...

Wow.

Never thought I'd hear that sentence.

A secluded island with my two favorite people.

_________________________________
This is a direct product of writer's block omg literally nothing happened and it was so short.

In my defense...

I'm splitting this event into two chapters cuz I think it just made more sense. I could get an update out and make the chapters shorter.

Next chapter which I may or may not get out on the weekend will be more fun.

I just wanted to drag out the fluffy stuff cuz some uh oh's are coming shortly 🙃

Anyway, enjoy whatever filler chapter this was and get ready for some fun private island adventures 😏

Happy Reading 📖