49. New Year's

Começar do início

Since I found myself falling in love with Middle Earth, I always had a soft spot for Hobbits. Like me, they are short, they like drinking, eating and smoking. They like the safety of their Hobbit holes in the Shire, they are scared to leave it and for that they are almost always underrated. But they're tough, brave and they fight for the good things in the world. Once they had a taste of adventure, they become explorers, warriors but mostly they stick around for each other. I wouldn't have got to this point in my life without my adventure buddies, old and new. In my "there and back again" I have just started a new chapter and I thank all of you who have stuck by my side until now. Happy new year. X

She hit post and put her phone on charge on the bedside table. Seb had just gone out of the shower, his blonde curls dripping over his naked shoulders. Valeria gazed upon his sculpted muscles for a little while, as he looked through his clothes to pick his outfit for the night.

'I can feel you staring' Seb teased her, making her blush to a nice shade of vermillion.

'I wasn't' she tried, turning around to grab her towel and to cover her embarrassment.

'sure' he smirked. Valeria gave him a guilty look and a wink before going to the bathroom herself.

After having changed into a light green summer dress and a pair of converse of the same shade, she looked at her phone again. Her NZ posts had attracted quite a few comments, especially the video.

Proiettinoemi: you almost falling at the end and the chuckle are all I needed to see. Happy birthday little sis. You're my favourite sister (and the only one too, so I had no choice.) Gu says: "gurgle" make of it what you want.

Alanstephens: happy birthday Val. Waiting for that Silverstone pass, still, you stingy cow.

Landonorris: careful, knees weaken with age. Happy birthday, Rosie!

      Proiettivale: only my grandad is allowed to call me that

         Landonorris: I'm basically part of the family, now.

Valeria shook her head, laughing, as she read a couple more comments from fans and trolls. Most people were being lovely, wishing her a happy birthday and them both a good stay in New Zealand, whilst some other were just calling her a gold digger and an exhibitionist.

JamesSmith: since she's been with Seb she's gone from going on holiday to Rome to being in Maldives and now New Zealand. People that say she's not with him for money must be blind.

  Domenik: hey, jealousy has called. It asked when you'll stop being salty.

Valeria laughed and like Domenico's comment. She felt like all the boys had taken her under their wing and she couldn't have asked for a better team. Her phone buzzed in her hands with Daniel's name ringing her.

'hey honey Badger' she picked up, waiting for her camera to turn on.

'I didn't realise you were on my side of the world. I would have called earlier, but thought you were in Europe'

'I didn't plan any of this, mate' she laughed, as Seb joined the frame smirking. He gave Dan a wave.

'Well, I'm sure you're enjoying it' Dan stated. 'we just wanted to wish you a happy birthday'

'We?' she asked confused. Slowly more people started to appear. Valeria smiled widely as the faces of Charles, Pietro, Domenico, Giorgio, her parents, Noemi and Simone and Philippe and Christine appeared on the screen.

'wow, this is a group call I definitely wasn't expecting. Hello, everyone' she smiled widely.

'Everyone has a quick message for you, happy birthday Taz' Daniel said.