30. Monaco 2014 pt.2

What a horrible quali, today, uh?  

Enjoy the chapter and happy weekend! HB3112

Valeria had woken up to an empty bed and the smell of coffee. She sat up on the bed, wondering if the night before had actually happened.

'Oh, you're finally awake' Jules told her with a smile, as he walked back into the room in his Marussia shirt and a pair of jeans. 'you snored quite a lot last night' he told her, with a smirk.

'Oh, was it loud? Did you hear me from the living room? I am sorry' she replied.

'Nah, I came here to get a cuddle.' He confessed. 'I can't sleep on a sofa bed if I know you're around. You need body warmth, you're always cold' he teased her. 'I made breakfast when you're ready' he added, throwing a shirt and a cap at her before walking out of the room again.

'Classic Jules. Drop a bombshell and walk away.'she thought grabbing a pair of jeans from her suitcase. She threw the shirt Jules gave her on and put the cap on backwards, as she hated how she looked in baseball caps.

'Cute' Jules teased her, as she walked into the kitchen. 'very girly as usual'

'Thanks, pal' she chuckled, hopping onto one foot as she pushed the other one in her battered vans she never untied. 'And you know me, I am fighting gender stereotypes since I was born. Are you still sure you want me around? people will judge'

'meh, let them judge' he stated, with a smile.

They walked out of Jules' apartment and jumped in his car. Jules turned the volume of the radio up as "Future days" by Pearl Jam started playing. He drove through the streets of Monaco, singing along to the lyrics, with Valeria for company.

'Try and sometimes you'll succeed
To make this man of me
All of my stolen missing parts
I've no need for anymore
I believe
And I believe 'cause I can see
Our future days
Days of you and me'

Jules looked at her, as she quietly sang along the lyrics of the song. 

'This always makes me think of you' he said, taking a turn towards the main streets of the city.

'Ain't you just a big ol' romantic?' Valeria teased him, trying to hide her burning cheeks. How could she tell him that every love song she listened to made her think of him?

As they drove by a church they noticed a couple of newlyweds being covered in rice by their guests.

'Do you think we'll ever get married?' Jules asked her out of the blue.

'you mean us me and you or us with two separate people?' she replied, confused.

'Us with other people, you drive me insane at the best of times' Jules smiled.

'maybe. And when we do, we'll make sure we'll warn our future partners about all our flaws' Valeria joked, as her friend parked his car in his reserved spot by the paddock.

'Taz, I've got to rush to do my media bits, but I'll be back in like an hour. You make yourself at home in the motorhome coffee is there' he pointed towards the hospitality area 'just entertain yourself somehow'

'I'll start chatting to everyone , received.' She smiled. "in a bit Bianchi' she said, watching him walk off with his PR assistant.

At the Marussia motorhome, Jules just abandoned me for some PR crap. When are you free? She messaged Dan.

Anytime between now and 1 pm. Come say hi in the garage, I've just finished my track walk. I told people you're allowed in. He replied straight awY.