==Chapter 3==

That night, Ratchet stayed up to work on Ultra Magnus. The commander slowly awoke and sat up on the berth. "Easy, commander. You took quite a hit." Ratchet warns him. Ultra Magnus sighs "I did? I can hardly remember." He laid back on the berth to let Ratchet resume his work. The medic buffed the last few inches on Ultra's shoulder pads and gave him the 'good to go'. Ultra stood up and stepped off of the berth.

"How are you feeling? What did the weapon do to you?" Ratchet asks. Ultra Magnus shrugged and said "I feel perfectly normal. I have no clue on what the weapon did or didn't do." Ratchet questioned him again "Do you have any memory of today's battle with BumbleBee and Starscream?" Ultra Magnus shook his helm "All I remember is going out, I don't recall ever fighting.... BumbleBee could inform me of the fight." Ratchet nodded and insisted "You should get some rest. Big day tommorow, Commander." Ultra stopped for a second and looked over at the medic who had his back turned. "O-okay.... Not gonna question but I'll go recharge."

Ultra left and walked over to his parking spot and transformed, going to sleep. Ratchet looked over at him wondering what he said. He shrugged, forgetting it and went back to Ultra's results.

The next day

Optimus was awake first as always. Suprisingly, Arcee got up next. "Where's Ultra Magnus? Did he go out?" She asked. Optimus shook his helm "He hasn't gotten up yet I don't think." He said looking over to where Ultra Magnus was. The other bots and the humans got up. Fowler walked out to check on them and said "Morning everyone. How are you all?" A bunch of them said in unison "Good."

Fowler looked around to see that Magnus was not awake yet and was still sitting in alt in his parking spot. "Why isn't Ultra Magnus awake?" He asked. Wheeljack blurted out "Because he's an idiot." A voice startled hin "Harsh words, Wheeljack." he looked over to see Ultra Magnus just getting up. He transformed and walked over to where Optimus was and picked up a holopad to read. "You heard him!? Ooooh you're busted!!!" Miko laughed. Ultra Magnus shook his helm "It's fine. I know he was joking." Wheeljack stared at him for a second before looking back to his katana that he was sharpening.

"Ultra Magnus does not sound like himself right now...." The white wrecker whispered to his racing friend. Smokescreen agrees "You're right. He doesn't at all."

BumbleBee gets up and runs over to Ultra Magnus. "=<Listen, C-Commander. I-I really apologize f-for what happened yesterday. I-I am really sorry!!!>=" He cried. Ultra Magnus turns to face BumbleBee and sets his servos on Bee's shoulders calming him. The commander says"It's alright, BumbleBee. There isn't any reason to be sorry." Bee stutters in response "=<W-what do you mean?>=" Ultra Magnus explains "It's in the past, Bee. I'm not hurt so you're ok." BumbleBee goes speechless about his response.

Wheeljack looks at Optimus to which they both stare at each other confused. "Commander? Are you alright?" Optimus asks the blue mech. Ultra Magnus nods "Why wouldn't I be?" "For one, you just called BumbleBee by his name." Wheeljack informs. Ultra becomes confused "Shouldn't I? It is his designation after all." Fowler says "You normally call everyone 'soldier'." Ultra Magnus thinks "I do? I don't remember calling everyone that....."

Ratchet gasps "I don't think the new weapon hurt you physically.... But.... It affected you---- Emotionally." Miko laughs "So it's like an emotion manipulator. But those don't exist, they're only in comic books and fictional stuff." Wheeljack bursts into laughter "So he's gonna be an emotional little sparkling?" Ultra growls "No.... I'm not." Wheeljack continues laughing "No wonder you forgave me for saying you're an idiot. You thought I was joking!!! Ha HA!!! Wow, Looks like a do make a better wrecker than you!!" Magnus walks over to the wrecker and sneers "You calling me slow?" Wheeljack stands up and smirks "No I'm just saying that for a bot like you, you shouldn't be such an emotional baby." "Im NOT a baby!" Ultra yells at him. Ratchet tries to stop them "Guys.... I would stop." "What's with the Ultra in your name if your soft, huh? Seems more like just Magnus to me." Wheeljack laughs, crossing his arms. Ultra Magnus growls "I'm still a warrior. I fight perfectly fine, thank you." Wheeljack than triggers him "Really? You barely stood a fighting chance against STARSCREAM!!! Seriously, you lost to that paper-weight? Starscream is thin and much smaller than you. If you almost die to him, you're better off in the scrapheap!!" "WHEELJACK THAT'S ENOUGH!!!" Optimus yells. Ultra stays silent and backs up a bit.

The commander looks down, his shoulders slumping. He tries to speak but it comes out in broken inverbal noises. Ultra stands tall and then transforms, speeding out of the base. "Commander wait!!!" Wheeljack says, regretting what he said. He starts laughing, realizing that he can't really hurt Magnus's feelings. "He'll be fine, he's just probably getting his anger out."

Arcee hit his shoulder and he yelps in pain and surprise "We probably just lost him!!! He was broken before and you made him worse!!!" Arcee looks out to where she could see Ultra Magnus drive behind a building.