𝐢𝐢. 𝘴𝘦𝘵 𝘴𝘢𝘪𝘭

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗪𝗢 │ black swan .

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"Mr. Kim, welcome on board." After Jimin had his fake ID and passport verified, he was welcomed by the crew. His documents were perfect, the NIS was a little too skilled at crafting official documents. He had nothing to worry about. "Enjoy the cruise. We'll be at your service 24/7 to make sure you have a pleasant vacation." He was assigned to an attendant, who took his luggage and walked him to the door.

The attendant was about to unlock and open the door that led to his cabin, but Jimin dismissed him with a simple gesture of his hand. "No need." For all he knew, his wife could be inside, doing god knows what. He would rather not let anyone walk inside their room. "I can take care of the luggage myself. Besides, my wife is probably sleeping and I wouldn't want to wake her up by making noise," he explained the situation to the staff member, then he took his cabin key and waited for the man to leave so he could get in his room.

He was told by Agent RM that Agent Y will be waiting for him inside the cabin. They had plenty of things to talk about: starting from the strategy they are going to use to earn the trust of the Seo family and ending with how they should act around each other to make this fake marriage seem legit. But when Jimin stepped inside their room, he found it empty. Agent Y left her luggage here, but she was nowhere to be seen.

"Tsk, this woman." He clicked his tongue and shook his head. The man still couldn't believe he agreed to this mission—well, it wasn't like he had a choice. The Director himself assigned him on this case and throughout his years in the NIS, he learned that obeying your superiors' orders came first, and questioning them came second. Even though he didn't like the thought of having a partner again, but he didn't have a say in this. He had to accept the case as it was presented to him, but that didn't mean he wasn't going to do some digging on his own. 

He found it suspicious that not even his direct superior knew anything about Agent Y. RM, however, had an interesting theory: if she was indeed the Director's ghost, then it meant that he could be involved in some questionable situations. Ghosts were never used for protection, but for dirty work. Their identity was never made public and if their cover was blown, they were abandoned by their employers. But they should be feared. Ghost agents are known for their ruthlessness, they show no signs of remorse and they would not hesitate before taking a life, theirs included. They have no past and no future. These agents can never retire and live a normal life. He never met a ghost before, or at least it wasn't brought to his knowledge, but he thought RM was onto something and he intended to look into it.

He considered going through Y's luggage. What someone brings on a seven-day cruise says a lot about them. But it was against his principles, so he decided against it. The Seven was a gentleman unit. Unlike regular agents, the six agents and their direct superior were trained to act with class. Instead of battle equipment, the Seven wore suits as their armor. Their weapons, apart from their guns, were hidden in places like their shoes, they glasses, their rings, their watches, their belts and so on. They were charmers by nature—they were all gifted enough for sweet talking, they considered sugarcoating to be an act, and they were experts in the art of seduction. Fighting was their last resort. And when they fought, they did it with grace and skill. Everything was calculated and part of a bigger plan.