𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕱𝖔𝖚𝖗𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓

𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 14

"WHAT ARE THEY DOING OUT HERE?" Raven wondered to herself, stepping over the rubble that once made up the castle wall

She had heard a commotion outside after wandering the halls and seeing no one, so she had decided to check it out. She was not expecting the human from Meliodas' group - what was his name again? Arthur? - to be in battle with them, and actually holding his own.

Chandler, Zeldris, Meliodas, and Cusack were all there, the only difference on any of them being Cusack's moustache which was now uneven.

"What did I miss?" the demoness questioned, approaching the men.

Quicker than anyone could comprehend, Arthur had spun around and impaled Raven with his sword. Her eyes widened at his increased speed and strength as blood pooled in her mouth. The human pulled his sword from her stomach. Raven stumbled back a step, still shocked, and clutched her profusely bleeding wound.

Zeldris and Cusack rushed to her sides, steadying her before she could trip over the rubble.

"Are you alright?" Zeldris asked.

"I'm fine", Raven promised. She spat blood from her mouth. "Just wasn't expecting that."

"And the baby?" Cusack added.

Raven's eyes widened to the size of the moon. While avoiding the shocked stares from the other demons, she quickly replied, "Fine."

Cusack sighed. "I presume you haven't told him yet."

Raven nodded. She made hesitant eye contact with her lover. "Surprise...?"

Zeldris could only stare with shock. "Y-you're..."

"Let's discuss this later", Raven suggested, shaking their hands from her shoulders. She could already feel herself slowly healing as she walked over to Meliodas and Chandler, both of which also had their eyes on her in surprise.

Raven stood before Arthur, a smirk growing on her face. "I feel left out that I didn't get an invitation to this party. But I'm here now, so shall we?" Her scythe appeared in her hands. She spun it around before pointing it at the human. "Let's dance, pretty boy."

He pushed away Raven's weapon with his own, sending a strike straight at her. She raised her scythe, pushing it against his sword and redirecting the attack at Meliodas' feet.

"Oops", she said, throwing a cheeky glance over her shoulder and meeting the blonde's unimpressed look.

Raven ducked another attack. Kicking out the human's ankle, he fell and lost his grip on the sword. She expertly caught the handle before the weapon could hit the ground, but its weight forced her down to one knee.