𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕿𝖊𝖓

𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 1

"THE DEED IS DONE", Estarossa declared

"THE DEED IS DONE", Estarossa declared. "Meliodas is dead. The land of Britannia is now ours. But first..." He turned his eyes on Raven.

Before any of the demons could comprehend what happened, Estarossa's hand grabbed Raven around the throat.

"Brother, what-"

Zeldris was cut off before he could demand the motive behind his brother's actions.

"It's as if no one here noticed how you arrived with the traitor", Estarossa said. "Did you betray us again? I expected it, though sooner than this."

"What are... you... talking about?" Raven coughed out between struggled breaths.

Instead of responding, Estarossa threw Raven into the ground. The demoness tried to get to her feet, but the silver haired male stepped in her back, pressing his foot in like he had done to Meliodas.

Raven cried out as she felt her ribs crack under the pressure. She could feel the shards of her bones piercing her hearts, causing blood to fill her mouth. Raven spat the black liquid onto the ground.

From the corner of her eye, she could see Zeldris approaching his brother, about to attack the demon who dared to hurt his lover. But Estarossa saw as well and swung his arm, whacking his younger brother away like he was a mere fly.

"Why would you do that?" several of the Commandments demanded at once, but Estarossa paid them no mind.

Raven flapped her wings frantically, either to help pull herself up or knock the demon above her aside. But when he grabbed the bone of both her wings, Raven knew she was in trouble.

Estarossa pressed his boot harder on Raven's back, pulling at her left wing harshly. Then Raven felt it. The cracks of bones and tearing of flesh. The pain was unbearable. Raven let out a blood curdling scream, tears rushing from her eyes uncontrollably as her wing was ripped from her back.

Her back felt lighter, and Raven knew exactly what that meant. But she didn't even have a second before the pain came right back tenfold. She screamed again. This pain... She'd never felt anything like it - and her body was painted with scars, she knew what pain was. Even three thousand years ago when she... That was a pin prick compared to the pure agony she endured now.

The pressure from Estarossa's foot lifted from her back, Zeldris having gotten back to his feet and tackling his brother. But it was already too late. For the first time, Raven's back felt bare. Even when her wings were hidden, tucked away from sight, she could somewhat feel their weight; their presence was always known to her, even if she couldn't see them. But now, nothing. Her back, screaming in agony, matted in blood like spilt paint, felt completely weightless.

Zeldris held his sword at his brother's throat. "What do you think your were doing?"

"Brother, she-"