Chapter 14

Hanji's Pov

I was having breakfast with Nanaba when the doorbell rang. Nanaba went to open. She soon walked in the kitchen with Levi. He was wearing a pair of black jeans with a grey shirt and black military boots. He approached me and kissed my cheek. He also sat on a chair next to me.

"By the way Hanji, I know we shouldn't leave you alone..." Nanaba started. "But, well..."

"It's just that I can't walk. Nothing will happen if you go out one night." I said and chuckled.

"Yeah. If you want to go out you should. I'll stay with Hanji." Levi said and placed his hand on mine under the table as he looked at me.

"You don't have to treat me like a baby you know." I said and pouted.

"Yet you keep acting like one." Levi said and I could swear I saw him cracking a smile. I laughed at the comment as I poked his cheek demanding to take it back. Nanaba smiled as she saw us together like that.

"By the way, we are going out today. If you are okay with that." Levi said.

"I'm sorry Levi...but I need to go to class... I barely had time to finish my project for today's lecture. Levi's eyes fell.

"Come on midget, we can hang out after you come and pick me up." I said and smiled as I hugged him forgetting that Nanaba was there. Levi put his hand on my shoulder and nodded. Nanaba checked her watch.

"Sorry to interrupt you lovebirds but we have a class with Beard-Brain and if we don't leave now, we are going to be late.

"Yeah you are right." I said and kissed Levi on the cheek. When we got out, Moblit was waiting for us outside of his car. Levi hissed when he saw him. Moblit was not happy to see him either. However, he smiled. Nanaba was about to push my wheelchair when Levi took the handles. He rolled the wheelchair to the car and kissed me on the lips. In public. Right in front of Nanaba and Moblit, the last of whom looked away. I giggled when we pulled away as I realized the reason behind that kiss. Levi wanted to make sure to Moblit that I was his.

"Jealous?" I whispered chuckling so that only he could hear.

"No." Levi said coldly as he helped me into the passenger seat. He then pecked my lips again before closing the door. Nanaba was already in the co-driver's seat so Moblit took off, leaving Levi's form in the porch of my house.

Levi's Pov

I was so irritated that I emitted a murderous aura as I was walking towards my house. I had planned to teach Hanji how to drive, but that would be impossible since she had classes. I suddenly got a text from Hanji.

~I'm really sorry but it turns out that we will work in the laboratory today. Which means that I won't return before you leave for work. Love ya.

"Great, just great..." I said as I kicked a small stone. I stopped and watched it as it headed towards the busy road. I looked behind me and caught a glimpse of the park. After a lot of thought, I turned back and headed towards our usual spot. I would often go there when Hanji had classes.

I sat on the grass and rested my back on the tree. I took off my earphones and after disentangling the cords, I put them on. I put the music to maximum and closed my eyes enjoying the morning breeze. I opened them again and saw three children playing, two boys and one girl. Suddenly, the girl fell on the ground and started running. Then, one of the two boys approached her and offered her his hand. She instantly took it and smiled. After that, they resumed to playing. I smiled as I saw them playing so happily. Time past without me realizing it. I checked the time on my phone and saw that it was already late. So, I got up and headed to a nearby photography studio where I printed a couple of photos of Hanji and I. Then, I went home. After putting them in a frame, I changed and headed to work.