Enji's eyes widen as soon as he experiences the girl's allure first-hand. Despite his stubborn pride, he has his consciousness slowly getting sucked up by the female's trance.

That is until the door slowly creaks.

The female immediately halts, her dismay evident on her face as she settles herself on the sofa.

Enji clears his throat as soon as he snaps back to reality. He has his eyes on the newcomer. "I've been waiting, Shoto."

Just at the mention of a name, Kei's heart skips a beat, her insides almost turning frantically. Although she considered this possibility, she never thought that the said male would finally have the guts to face his father.

"Are you finally ready to walk the road of the mighty?" Endeavor says quite proudly.

Shoto replies rather stoically. "I don't plan on walking the road that you've paved. I'll walk down my own road."

Endeavor scoffs, a sly grin appearing on his lips. "Whatever. Get ready, we're going out."

"Where?" the younger male asks.

"I'll show you what a hero is." Endeavor glances towards the direction of the female. "That goes to you too, Yagami."

Shoto was shaken by this unexpected mention. He carefully eyes the sighing female. "Kei?"

"Me," she deadpans, strolling past the two and towards the door.

"We shall continue our conversation later, seeing as you already have an idea of what I am about to propose," Endeavor says, making the female stop. "But if you think I am involved in the equation, you are greatly mistaken."

Kei's eyes widen by a fraction.

The night patrol went smoothly, although it resulted to Kei occasionally yawning and finally understanding her guardian's predicament. The three of them now reviews the villain encounters for the night in Endeavor's office, already in their civilian clothes. The older male casually points out the rooms for improvement for the both of them; his precision as to analysis almost frightens the female. She then finally understood that choosing Endeavor was the most logical choice for Shoto despite their bitter background as he acknowledges the older male as a hero worth his place in the ranking—that is second only to All Might.

"That's it for the night. You can now go to your assigned room," Endeavor said, calling one of his sidekicks in for escort. The teens were about to go when he speaks, "Yagami, stay."

This made Shoto shoot a glare to the older male.

Kei just releases a sigh, too tired to even argue. "If that's your way of implying that I'm a female dog, why, thank you," she mumbles, rolling her eyes at the back of her head. She then returns to her seat, noticing the heavy magnitude of the locked stares between the older and younger males before the latter finally disappears from the room.

"As I am aware, you already know my son, Shoto, since childhood."

Kei squints her eyes, partially shocked to hear this from the male. She is almost certain that Shoto would never open up to his father about his private life nor to his siblings as Enji practically made him a world away from them. "You did a thorough background check on me," Kei says, accusingly.

"It is only proper to have better knowledge of my future daughter-in-law, don't you think?" Enji says with a mischievous smirk on his face.

Kei opens her mouth for a moment and closes it.

The male took this as a cue to continue. "I am sure you are aware of quirk marriages. And seeing as you are orphaned, I suppose your consent will have the largest impact here, yes?"