The Tell

In addition to their sense training sessions, Derek added an extra session every week solely focused on physical training. They started with getting her into shape. Rowan was running and lifting and stretching like crazy, even during whatever free time she had anymore. She needed to impress Derek before he taught her how to fight.

She was exhausted. And sore.

She prepared herself for a nap, flopping on her bed and getting comfortable. Until there was a knock on her window. Rowan groaned when the knock was more insistent. She shoved her face in her pillow and muttered 'go away'. Even if it was muffled, she knew Derek would hear her, y'know with the super senses and all. He ignored her.

Derek opened her unlatched window that she made a mental note to lock after he left and climbed inside with his unnatural grace. Rowan heard his footsteps crossing her room and stopping in front of her bed but she continued ignoring him.

Until he stole her pillow.

"You're the worst." Rowan glared at him.

"Get up. We have a problem." Derek said in his deep voice. The voice that meant that something was wrong and he was worried. That combined with the frown pulled Rowan into a sitting position.

"And it's important enough that you need my help?" Rowan asked. "Cause I don't really think I'll be as much help as Scott would. I really need a nap and a hot bath."

"The Alpha killed a man tonight." Derek said. Rowan stood, too quickly if her lightheadedness said anything about it. Her legs groaned in pain at the movement so she sat back down. Derek reached for her arm and pulled her back up. "C'mon. We need to prove a point to Scott."

Right. Scott, who still had doubts about helping them stop the Alpha.

"Ugh, fine. Let's go get him." Rowan said. She motioned to her bedroom door and led him to Scott's room.

🐺

Three werewolves stood on top of a movie rental store, watching the pandemonium below. Jackson and Lydia were being looked at by paramedics and interviewed by the police, both lucky to be alive. Stiles was there too, with his dad and looking more enthusiastic that he should ever be at a crime scene.

"Are you starting to get it?" Derek asked Scott.

"I get that he's killing people, but I don't get why." Scott said.

"Yeah, I don't understand that either. Everything just seems so random." Rowan said, looking at the two to her right.

"This isn't standard practice, right?" Scott asked. "We don't go out in the middle of the night murdering everyone, do we?"

Derek continued watching the scene below. "No. We're predators. We don't have to be killers."

"Then why is he a killer?" Scott asked, looking more confused than before.

"That's what we're gonna find out." Derek said. He walked back toward the roof entrance with the twins trailing behind all the way back to his house. Well, what was left of it after the fire.

"You know, I have a life." Scott complained to Derek.

"No you don't." Derek said instantly.

"Yes, I do!" Scott yelled. Rowan scoffed and he sent her a dirty look. "I don't care what you say about him making me his pet or..."

"Part of his pack." Derek corrected.

"Whatever. I have homework to do. I have a parent-teacher conference tomorrow because I'm failing chemistry." Scott complained.