Wolf Moon

Through the Witchwood, previously known as Never Again, has been in the works for years. It was a personal project that I decided to share. I've been steadily making progress, even finishing it and completing two full rewrites of it. Not to mention beginning to work on a sequel situation for Season 2. I had completely forgotten I'd posted any of it all here on Wattpad until someone happened to vote on the first chapter a couple of days ago. 

Thank you.

This story has always been for me but I'd like to share my progress with you.

🐺

Rowan bobbed her head to the beat of the song playing from her radio. It was turned up as loud as it could possibly be, causing it to echo through the house and out her open window that was letting in the crisp night air. She had just finished painting a metallic silver color on her nails and was lightly blowing to make sure it dried. Winter break was ending the next day so she had picked out her back to school outfit and decided on putting her hair in a braid before she left the next morning.

She had a plan.

Then her radio was shut off.

"Dude! Turn that back on." Rowan yelled at her brother.

"I thought I heard something outside." Scott said. He held a baseball bat in a tight grip and Rowan wondered where he'd got it from since none of them had ever played before.

She rolled her eyes at him. "I didn't hear anything."

"I'm not surprised. Your hearing is probably shot from how loud you play this crap." Scott scoffed, momentarily forgetting his previous worries. "Anyways. I'm going to check it out. Do you want to come with?"

Rowan shrugged. "Sure, just let me grab something." She went downstairs to their hall closet and grabbed one of their dad's old golf clubs that no one had bothered to get rid of. If Scott was right about hearing something, she wasn't prepared to put her life in his hands. As they stepped outside, Rowan following just behind her brother, the adrenaline began to pump through their veins. The walked carefully across their creaky porch, searching for anything out of place. Scott stopped suddenly and Rowan ran into him. He swung around and glared at her.

"Don't do that!" Scott whispered. As if she had meant to. Rowan glared back and they continued walking. Until someone appeared, hanging upside down from the roof of their house. Both teens screamed, causing the perpetrator to scream back. They both prepared themselves to take a swing, but then realized who was in front of them.

Rowan sighed in relief and nudged her brother. "It was just Stiles." Stiles was harmless.

"Yeah, I can see that." Scott said to her. Then to Stiles, "What the hell are you doing?"

"You weren't answering your phones." Stiles said defensively. Scott glared at her again and she put her hands up in surrender. Stiles climbed off the roof and landed on the ground beside the porch. Rowan and Scott leaned over to look at him.

"Why do you have a bat? And what's with the golf club? Thinking of joining another sport, Scott? Quite frankly, I don't think your GPA could handle that. Unless you're quitting lacrosse but you wouldn't leave me-"

"I thought you were a predator!" Scott shouted at Stiles, interrupting his rambling.

"A pre- Wha- What?" Stiles looked at Scott incredulously. "Look, I know it's late but you two have got to hear this. I saw my dad leave 20 minutes ago. Dispatch called and they're calling in every officer in Beacon County and even the state police."