trece

❝ De eso yo estoy segura
El tiempo todo lo cura
Cualquiera se desgasta

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

OMNISCIENT

Zavina dropped Manuel off at school. She started driving again since her ankle had healed. Just as she stopped at a red stoplight, her phone buzzed.

The girl picked up her phone and unlocked it, revealing a message from Joel.

Joel :)
hey, u got time?
maybe we could go for some coffee

to Joel :)
sure, gimme the location, i'll be there

He sent her the location and the girl went straight to the coffee shop.

••••

When the girl entered, she saw Joel already sitting in one small corner waiting for her. She walked up to him cleared her throat.

"Is this seat taken?" she asked. Joel looked up at her with a smile. "Actually yeah my future girlfriend's supposed to be sitting there. But I wouldn't mind if you take her place," he teased and the girl laughed, sitting down.

"So, what's up?" she asked. "Nothing much, but since you're here Imma just conclude we're on a date," he said, slowly looking up to meet her eyes.

The girl simply smiled. "Fine by me," she shrugged and that made Joel smile.

"Tell me more about yourself," he said as they ate. "Well, what do you wanna know?" she asked.

"Maybe about your life before you moved here," he shrugged. "Well, I lived with my mom in Texas and had Manu when I was like 18. It all just happened so quick and his father was never in the picture- not like I wanted him to be anyways," she started.

"But yeah basically that's it," she shrugged. Joel nodded.

"What about you?" she asked.

"Well I got engaged once to this girl, and then I fucked things up and we broke up. That time she was pregnant with Luna, my daughter. And then we got back together, and I lost her a couple months after we got Luna," Joel told her.

"What happened?" Zavina asked. "She got sick and passed away," he explained briefly.

The girl simply nodded, not wanting to touch on the subject anymore. The two continued eating as they talked about other things.

••••

Aurelia was at the grocery store, buying some snacks Adriana asked her to. Richard was also stocking up on his snacks.

She went to get some ice cream at the freezers and looked for a certain flavour she'd always go for. "They ran out of mint chocolate chip," his voice said from behind her.

The girl turned around and saw him. "Not my luck then," she shrugged, chuckling as she closed the freezer door.

"You seriously never try anything else do you?" Richard asked. "Nothing beats mint chocolate chip, never," Aurelia told him.

"Okay then," he chuckled, shrugging. "Did Adri send you to run errands?" he asked as the two walked to the cashier.

"Not really. She was running low on snacks- or well my kind of snacks so I'm helping her out," she told him.

The two proceeded to pay for their groceries and headed out for the parking lot.

"It was nice to see you here," Richard simply said to her as he walked with her on the way to their cars. "You too," she smiled.

"My car's up front, I'll just head back now," he said to her and she nodded. "Bye," she waved and he nodded back at her.

───── ❝ 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞, 𝐚𝐝𝐢 ❞ ─────

time skip in the next chapter, be ready 😌

who's ur fav couple from book 1 until now? i wanna know lol