Chapter 2

The Monitor's Ship

The Monitor has revealed himself to the Justice League.

The Monitor: The Multiverse is in great pharrell.

Superman: What do you mean?

The Monitor shows the Justice League how the creation of existence started, how the Multiverse was created, & how The Anti-Monitor was born.

The Monitor: In the beginning there was only one, A single black infinitude. Then the infinitude found release and finally darkness broke filling it with life, with the Multiverse. Every existence multiplied by possibility and spread out before space and time in infinite measure. Civilizations rose and fell and rose again across realities grasping expanse life a precious gift persevering in the face of every obstacle until finally the Age of Heroes was born. Chaos, the constant enemy of life kept at bay by champions from across the Multiverse. Now the entire multiverse is about to come under attack. There is a malevolent force at work one driven by a singular goal, The Destruction of All There Is.

Batman: What kind of malevolent?

The Monitor: I was born on Oa's moon,

John Stewart: Oa?

The Monitor: Yes, where I have been living as a embodiment of all positive matter universes. One of these universes was composed entirely of antimatter, and on the moon of Oa's counterpart, Qward, a hideous mockery of life was born from its very soil, a being that would come to be known as The Anti-Monitor.

Hawkgirl: The Anti-Monitor? Couldn't come up with something original.

The Monitor: The Anti-Monitor had quickly conquered Qward, as well as the rest of the anti-matter universe. As the evil Anti-Monitor conquered his universe, I watched him, and then The Anti-Monitor sensed my presence, we began battling across the dimensional barrier in a war that lasted one million years, unleashing great powers against each other, but to no avail.

The Flash: You guys fought for a million years? That must've been stressful.

The Monitor: At the end of our stalemate, we simultaneously attacked one another, rendering us both inert. We lay unmoving for more than nine billion years until I felt my evil counterpart awaken as a result of another experiment on the creation of the universe by another scientist, which resulted in the destruction of that scientist's universe.

The Justice League watched as The Monitor showed the destruction of Earth, but it wasn't their earth that was destroyed, but still they watched in horror as Mar Novu explains the Crisis.

The Monitor: As The Anti-Monitor consumed worlds with his destructive antimatter, thus increasing his power as his antimatter universe expanded to fill the 'gap' that had been left by the loss of the universe, I grew weaker. I studied every universe for the means to fight The Anti-Monitor, but, even though countless universes were threatened, I took the time to save an orphaned girl, the only survivor of a shipwreck, and raised her on my ship.

Harbinger: I was this girl. I was in a cruise with my parents going from Southhampton to New York until the ship hit an ice berg.

The Flash: WHATTTTTTT??? Hold up, hold up, you mean to tell up you were on board the Titanic?