Chapter-20

The others still hadn't come back so I fished out my phone and scrolled through my texts. My mom hadn't sent me a single one. Which was to be expected. It would have been odder if she had. I had a missed call from my dad which I ignored.

My finger's itched to open the summer trip pictures but I resisted the urge and put my phone back. 

Soon, everyone started coming back. Bianca was one of the last ones to arrive but she smiled at me so I knew her feeding had gone well. All the other classes went by quickly. On Fridays, we also had healing and astronomy taken by Miss Shiela Coporeus and Mr Julian Hiltsord. Both of them were important classes because Carthan healing was way different from the humans and because we mostly moved around at night, it was important to read the stars in case we ever got lost. 

When the classes were finally over, all my friends gathered around in the common room to make plans for our weekend party. 

"Where should we do it?" asked Eryx. 

"In the common room," suggested Yves. 

"Let's do it outside, by the lake," I said. 

Everyone turned to look at me. 

"Nice idea Ver," said Airell. "We have no classes on the weekend, we can easily do it." 

"And there won't be any compelled humans at night," said Aria. 

"No," I said. "We should do it during the day." 

"Have you lost it?" said Eryx, looking shocked. "What about the sunlight?" 

"You know the forest is so dense that sunlight can't touch us directly. Besides, those trees which surround the lake will provide us with enough shade." I said. "And we will be under the stands near the boathouse which is very shady."

"That's true," said Aria. "But what about the extra wards that have been put up for the hunter?" 

"I will figure out how to get past them. You guys should start storing whatever food and booze you can into the boathouse," said Airell. 

"Guys, this sounds like a bad idea to me. Someone could get hurt," said Yves, nervously. "And a hunter is on the loose too." 

"Oh, quit your whining," said Eryx, rolling his eyes. 

"No one will be hurt, Yves," I reassured him. "And the hunter is about a thousand miles away from us."

"I'm in," said Aria, looking excited. 

"So am I," said Bianca. 

Eryx and Airell nodded. Everyone looked at Yves, who nodded though he still looked worried. I grinned. I needed some distraction and this party seemed like the perfect plan. 

We decided to hold the party on Sunday morning. Aria and Bianca tried to recruit people who might be interested in joining in and wouldn't snitch on us. Eryx and Yves collected all the food they could find. Airell managed to ask permission to go to the Tresville market and smuggle in junk food and alcohol. He was also in charge of figuring out the extra wards. Everyone was excitedly looking forward to the party.