Chapter-1

I groaned and ran a hand through my tangled hair, as I surveyed the mess around me. My suitcase was lying flat open on my bed and clothes were strewn everywhere. Books and papers were lying all over the floor. And Bella, my cat was lying on top of my laptop. At one place, ink had spread all over my plush carpet.  

I had tried to pack last night and had fallen asleep instead. So far packing was not going as I had hoped it would. 
I was expected at Monteverde Academy just the day after tomorrow. It was one of the most prestigious academies for the Carthan vampires and only the best could afford it. My dad, being one of the twelve of the original ruling families could. 

We were rich I suppose, nearly at the top of the noble chain. I owned the whole floor my room was on. And I was just sixteen. Yeah, I suppose we were rich. But being rich isn't everything as everyone seems to think. Me and my dad aren't even on speaking terms right now. And my mom was too busy expanding our 'empire', as she called it.

I put in my earphones, which were tangled as usual, and began flinging everything inside my suitcase. My thoughts wandered off. I was really excited to meet my friends after so long. 

Bianca, my best friend and I had met each other often enough and had even gone on a road trip together for the first two weeks of our one month long holiday. But then she had to leave with her family for a cruise.

I still felt like crying whenever I thought about that trip. I forced myself to remain calm. You can't change what happened. All you can do is not think about it. I told myself sternly, trying to cast my thoughts in a safer direction.

I thought about my friends. I hadn't seen anyone in ages. Bianca, Airell, Yves, Aria, Eryx. I couldn't wait to go back and see all of them again. 

Someone knocked on the door. 

"Come in!" I called. 

It was Mr Stanley Morie, our snobby butler. He was always dressed in full suits and was unfailingly polite. He had been in our family for as long as I could remember.

"Ms Verina, lunch is served," he said. 

"Bring it to my room," I said, waving a hand to dismiss him. 

"Your father is at home. He has requested your presence at the table."

I looked up disbelievingly, thinking I must have misheard him. The last time I had seen my dad, he said he didn't want to see my face again. And now he was home? 

"I will be right there," I said. 

He bowed and left. 

I looked down at the grey hoodie and old shorts I was wearing. Definitely not good for a royal lunch with my dad. 

Opening my closet, I riffled through all the fancy dresses I hadn't packed yet. Selecting a navy blue one with white silk cords, I put it on. Then taking a hairbrush, I set to untangle my long dark hair, wincing as I smoothed out all the knots. I looked in the mirror and saw my pale face staring back. I hadn't fed well lately and dark circles ringed my blue eyes. Sighing, I tried to cover them up with makeup. Then, putting on the highest heels I could find, I set off to the dining room on the first floor. Taking a deep breath, I pushed open the door.
                         ***

Hey! Let me know your thoughts on the first chapter! I know the chapter is a little short- but I will be doing more chapters instead of longer chapters.😊😊 Do vote and comment- I would love to hear from you.❤❤